https://www.proz.com/forum/general_technical_issues/38732-problems_with_dragon_naturally_speaking_81.html

Problems with Dragon Naturally Speaking 8.1
Thread poster: CuddleBunny
CuddleBunny
CuddleBunny
Local time: 21:40
English
Nov 7, 2005

I am having problems with Dragon 8.1 in that when ever I say a command, Dragon seems to ignnore me. I does recognise the command - in that in the results box, my stated command is outlined in blue - but dragon does nothing. Can be anything from "New Paragraph to Bold That".

Has anyone got an idea of what is going on???

Thanks

Suzanne Blangsted (X)
Suzanne Blangsted (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:40
Danish to English
+ ...
Dragon Nov 7, 2005

The problem apparently isn't with NaturallySpeaking but rather with Microsoft Word. Here's what happens... if Microsoft Word crashes or closes in an inappropriate manner, it tries to save itself. Microsoft Word is actually very good at saving your document in the event of a crash. Unfortunately, Word also ejects all of it's plug-ins (third-party add-ins), when it tries to save itself, and 1 of those plug-ins is the NaturallySpeaking Select-&-Say DLL.

I suggest you uninstall and rein
... See more
The problem apparently isn't with NaturallySpeaking but rather with Microsoft Word. Here's what happens... if Microsoft Word crashes or closes in an inappropriate manner, it tries to save itself. Microsoft Word is actually very good at saving your document in the event of a crash. Unfortunately, Word also ejects all of it's plug-ins (third-party add-ins), when it tries to save itself, and 1 of those plug-ins is the NaturallySpeaking Select-&-Say DLL.

I suggest you uninstall and reinstall the Dragon.

I suggest you go to Scansoft.com (now Nuance) and join the chat room (community) for the Dragon. Also, there is a fellow at Knowbrainer.com who has good answers for problems with the Dragon.

I suggest you check out Yahoo´s many chat rooms for voice recognition.

I am a Dragon 7 user and have relied on these chat rooms for support.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Dragon Naturally Speaking 8.1

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »