An annoying problem with printer
Thread poster: Sanjiv Sadan (X)
Sanjiv Sadan (X)
Sanjiv Sadan (X)
Local time: 07:39
English to Hindi
+ ...
Dec 8, 2005

I have an annoying problem with my printer. For most of the times, when I give the print command, a message appears on the screen saying that printer is out of paper, load more paper and then press the OK button. This is very surprising as I have already got papers there. Anyway, I remove the papers and then place the same there and then press OK button but even this does not work for most of the time. Finally I am left with no other option but to switch off the computer and printer and resta... See more
I have an annoying problem with my printer. For most of the times, when I give the print command, a message appears on the screen saying that printer is out of paper, load more paper and then press the OK button. This is very surprising as I have already got papers there. Anyway, I remove the papers and then place the same there and then press OK button but even this does not work for most of the time. Finally I am left with no other option but to switch off the computer and printer and restart the same and most of the times, it automatically starts printing the documents. This process consumes a great deal of time besides causing embarrassment.

Could you please advise me the possible cause of this problem and how I can get rid of the same?

Thank you very much in anticipation.
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 04:09
English to German
+ ...
What kind of a printer is it Dec 8, 2005

Hi! modern printers use USB 2.0 connectors while offering parallel port support, check your port configuration, may be the print queue is going to the wrong port. Brandis

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
This seems to be a communication problem between your PC and printer Dec 8, 2005

Check, if all cables are properly connected. Use quality cables.
Download the lates driver for your priter from printers manufacturer page.
If you are using a motherboard with chipset other than Intel (and even in that case the next step is advisable) download the driver for mainboard chipset (especially driver for IDE and other interfaces) and install them.

When all is properly set, you should have no problems with any modern printer.

Good luck
Jerzy

Marketing-Lang.
Marketing-Lang.  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Which paper source is set as default? Dec 8, 2005

Check that the printer driver has the correct paper source / tray set.
If you set (for example) the top tray as the standard paper source, and yet you keep paper in the bottom tray, then your printer is gonna get stuck.
HTH
-M-

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

An annoying problem with printer

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »