Advice sought in connection with pop-up blocker
Thread poster: chopra_2002

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:20
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jan 22, 2006

I have downloaded and installed a pop-up blocker in my computer to avoid the undesirable and annoying pop-ups. It is working fine but it is also causing a problem. Sometimes, I receive links or URLs in my e-mails and when I press on the same to access the concerned website, the pop-up blocker does not allow to do the same.

How can I get rid of this problem? Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote
Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:50
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
popup Jan 22, 2006

I had the same problem about 2 years ago. I got good answers and solutions here:

Good luck,

Local time: 07:50
English to Russian
+ ...
depends on the pop-up blocker you use Jan 23, 2006

All (at least all popular) pop-up blockers have some hot-key sequence that allows to follow the link as if there were no pop-up blocking , e.g. the Google toolbar I use follows any link if I press Ctrl key and while holding it click on the link. So refer to the help file of your pop-up blocking software.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advice sought in connection with pop-up blocker

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs