Mobile menu

Is there an easier and quick way to locate the text in a different font in the same file?
Thread poster: chopra_2002

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 10:08
English to Hindi
+ ...
Mar 13, 2006

I was assigned a job to retype the text typed in a ttf font (Kruti Dev) into a Hindi Unicode font. I retyped the matter by deleting the original text. Now, the agency has informed me that a few words have not been retyped and these are present in the retyped file. The agency wants me to retype those words also in the Unicode font, but the problem is that it is very difficult to locate the original text. I tried to trace those words by keeping the cursor on the same and then reading the name of the font in the fonts window but this process consumes a great deal of time.

Is there any simple and quick way to locate the original text which could not be retyped inadvertently?

Thanks in anticipation.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:38
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Use the search function in Word Mar 13, 2006

Press "Advanced" and chose Fromat, than chose "Font" and type the name of the searched font in the font name field. Note, that the font name must exactly match the name shown in Word.
If this font is not installed in your system, you can also use Tools - Options - Compatibilty - Replace fonts to replace it completly with any other available font.

HTH
Jerzy

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there an easier and quick way to locate the text in a different font in the same file?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs