Mobile menu

Is there an easier and quick way to locate the text in a different font in the same file?
Thread poster: chopra_2002

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:36
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Mar 13, 2006

I was assigned a job to retype the text typed in a ttf font (Kruti Dev) into a Hindi Unicode font. I retyped the matter by deleting the original text. Now, the agency has informed me that a few words have not been retyped and these are present in the retyped file. The agency wants me to retype those words also in the Unicode font, but the problem is that it is very difficult to locate the original text. I tried to trace those words by keeping the cursor on the same and then reading the name of the font in the fonts window but this process consumes a great deal of time.

Is there any simple and quick way to locate the original text which could not be retyped inadvertently?

Thanks in anticipation.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:06
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Use the search function in Word Mar 13, 2006

Press "Advanced" and chose Fromat, than chose "Font" and type the name of the searched font in the font name field. Note, that the font name must exactly match the name shown in Word.
If this font is not installed in your system, you can also use Tools - Options - Compatibilty - Replace fonts to replace it completly with any other available font.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there an easier and quick way to locate the text in a different font in the same file?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs