Sara Freitas
Sara Freitas
France
Local time: 05:06
French to English
Mar 16, 2006

Outlook 2002; Windows XP SP 2

Hello,

Since installing Wordfast, a strange problem keeps occurring in Outlook.

When writing a message, if I hit the backspace key, I get a MS Word dialog box asking if I want to save changes to the message.

Is there some setting I can change so that this stops happening? It makes it really difficult to type messages!

I haven't noticed anything strange in Word, just in Word when Outlook uses it to cre
... See more
Outlook 2002; Windows XP SP 2

Hello,

Since installing Wordfast, a strange problem keeps occurring in Outlook.

When writing a message, if I hit the backspace key, I get a MS Word dialog box asking if I want to save changes to the message.

Is there some setting I can change so that this stops happening? It makes it really difficult to type messages!

I haven't noticed anything strange in Word, just in Word when Outlook uses it to create new messages.

Any suggestions?

Sara
Collapse

Isabel Booth
Isabel Booth  Identity Verified
Italian to English
I have the same problem! Mar 16, 2006

I recently downloaded the demo version of Wordfast to try it out for a while and have the same problem as you when sending e.mails: only after I have been using Wordfast, it doesn't happen if I have been working without it... so I'll be checking to see if you get any solution!!

Virginie Lochou
Virginie Lochou  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Disable Word as mail editor Mar 16, 2006

ICMB wrote:

I recently downloaded the demo version of Wordfast to try it out for a while and have the same problem as you when sending e.mails: only after I have been using Wordfast, it doesn't happen if I have been working without it... so I'll be checking to see if you get any solution!!

I had the same problem when I installed Wordfast. Disabling Word as your email editor solves the problem.
Go to Tools > option > mail format > and uncheck the box "use Word to edit mail messages".

Good luck!

Sara Freitas
Sara Freitas
France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
But I want all of the features of Word... Mar 16, 2006

...when I write e-mails.

Doesn't seem like a very good trade-off that I can't use the full features of Outlook and Word because of Wordfast...

There must be another solution??

More info: I am still in demo mode for Wordfast. Have my license number but haven't entered it yet...

Sara

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 06:06
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Its your decision Mar 16, 2006

Either you keep using Outlook with Word as editor or Wordfast. I stopped using Outlook and MS Explorer years ago, for security reasons.
Regards
Heinrich

Virginie Lochou
Virginie Lochou  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Hints in Wordfast support Forum Mar 16, 2006

Sara Freitas-Maltaverne wrote:

...when I write e-mails.

Doesn't seem like a very good trade-off that I can't use the full features of Outlook and Word because of Wordfast...

There must be another solution??

More info: I am still in demo mode for Wordfast. Have my license number but haven't entered it yet...

Sara

Hello Sara,

You may want to check this thread (one among several others in the Wordfast forum) http://www.proz.com/post/227538#227538.

If it still doesn't work for you, try working with Outlook without Word as an editor - there are many features to use, even if it's not as complete as it could be.

Good luck!

Sara Freitas
Sara Freitas
France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Dear V, Mar 16, 2006

Thank you very much for the link.

I will read up on it as soon as I can.

Of course, just when I had set aside time to do some investigating, a ton of work has all come in at once

Thanks again.

Kind regards,

Sara

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Strange problem with Word in Outlook since installation of Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »