https://www.proz.com/forum/general_technical_issues/44742-problem_booting_up.html

Problem booting up
Thread poster: Puicz (X)
Puicz (X)
Puicz (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:54
Swedish to English
Apr 7, 2006

Help!
Can anyone help me with the following technical problem?
Reconnecting my desk-top recently (a ten-year-old Tiny computer with Windows Millenium) I forgot to connect the scart plug from the monitor, so did so when the system had already started to boot up. It stopped in mid-bootup, after the display of megabytes. I started up again pressing F8, hoping to be able to return the system to a recent date, but the only one offered was quite long ago (September 2005), so I didn’t wan
... See more
Help!
Can anyone help me with the following technical problem?
Reconnecting my desk-top recently (a ten-year-old Tiny computer with Windows Millenium) I forgot to connect the scart plug from the monitor, so did so when the system had already started to boot up. It stopped in mid-bootup, after the display of megabytes. I started up again pressing F8, hoping to be able to return the system to a recent date, but the only one offered was quite long ago (September 2005), so I didn’t want that.
I can use the computer in error mode, but would obviously like to have it working normally. A friend told me that I was lucky not to have destroyed the image card.
Anyone know what I can do?
Mike
Collapse

Trevor Butcher
Trevor Butcher
English
Have you tried switching it off and rebooting? Apr 7, 2006

Hi Puich,

Have you tried switching off the computer, and then switching it on again. Does it have the same problem after trying this?

At this point a September 2005 date sounds a whole lot more useful than a computer in edit mode, so you might try accepting that. After all, it should not affect the data, only the settings.

Trevor

Puicz (X)
Puicz (X)  Identity Verified
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Same problem Apr 7, 2006

Have you tried switching off the computer, and then switching it on again. Does it have the same problem after trying this?

Yes, I'm afraid so Trevor.
Are you sure I wouldn't lose any data? I would rather try another solution but the one you suggest might be the only one open to me. Thanks for the reply!
Mike

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem booting up

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »