Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox
Thread poster: Williamson

Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:02
Flemish to English
+ ...
Apr 12, 2006

Since I installed Firefox, I ran into trouble with IE. I keep getting the message that a memory block can not be read. Msmessenger combined with hotmail refuses to function too...
To what extend are these programs compatible?

[Edited at 2006-04-12 12:58]

Direct link Reply with quote

Hikmat  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 18:02
Member (2005)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Download IE Extension Apr 12, 2006

Williamson wrote:
Since I installed Firefox, I ran into trouble with IE. I keep getting the message that a memory block can not be read. Msmessenger combined with hotmail refuse to function too... To what extend are these programs compatible?

Try download the extension at http://ietab.mozdev.org/

it will work just fine.
Firefox with its additional Ext are powerful.

Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:02
German to English
+ ...
Not quite the same problems, but ... Apr 12, 2006

... I had a couple of browser problems (only IE worked, couldn't get Firefox, Opera or Netscape to work, couldn't open PDF files from the browser, and I could only open PDFs with Acrobat reader 6, not version 7).

My solution: I reformatted the hard disk and reinstalled Windows over the weekend. Now everything works as it should. It seems that Windows collects a lot of registry problems over time, and reformatting once in a while is the best solution - short of buying a new computer. (My computer is two and a half years old, and it was apparently time for a clean-out).

Sven Petersson  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 12:02
English to Swedish
+ ...
Probable diagnosis: Bloated Registry Apr 12, 2006

Recommended therapy: jv16 (http://www.jv16.org/).

Worked for me!

Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:02
Flemish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
IE-symbol Apr 12, 2006

Reinstalling 114 gb of software is a chore of a week and not an option. Copying hard-disks and migrating is.
--
I removed both and reinstalled IE6.0. However, in the address bar next to the http://.... the IE-symbol is replaced by a square indicating that it cannot be found. This resulted in continuous errors. Tried JV 16 PowerTools, it worked,but whenever I try to open Gmail, cross-reference errors to different memory blocks occur. Could it have something to do with the cache memory?

[Edited at 2006-04-13 07:18]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs