Mobile menu

Word freezes when I click File > Save As
Thread poster: Jerónimo Fernández

Jerónimo Fernández  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 15, 2006

Hi all,

I work with MS Word 2000 (9.0.3821) under Windows 2000 Professional.

This has been happening to me for the last two days: I work in a Word file, and when I try to save it via File > Save as (or press the F12 key), it just freezes and doesn't react at all.

At first I thought it had to do with pictures being in the Word file, but I've tried with just text and small files and the same happens.

I don't have any other version of MS
Word installed.

Any ideas of what might be happening?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Jero

Direct link Reply with quote

Rosa Maria Duenas Rios  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:50
Detect and repair option Apr 15, 2006

Hola Jerónimo,

I am not sure why your Word is freezing every time you hit "save as". However, a while ago mine was crashing every time I tried to close it from the icon that appears on the blue bar at the bottom of the screen.

What solved my problem was going to Word's "help", then to "detect and repair", and then performing the task. After that, the program stop crashing. Give it a try, it might help!

Good luck!

Yolanda Bello  Identity Verified
Mexico
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
updates and service packs Apr 15, 2006

Have you visited the microsoft page and downloaded the updates and service packs for Windows and office?

I was having the same problem yesterday and I did the above. Problem solved.

HTH,

Yolanda

Jerónimo Fernández  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Gracias Apr 17, 2006

Thanks Rosa and Yolanda for your answers.

It's back to normal now.

Jero

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word freezes when I click File > Save As

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs