Mobile menu

How to use an .op file? (terminology?)
Thread poster: Paola PCR
Paola PCR  Identity Verified
Chile
English to Spanish
May 11, 2006

Hi,
Today I received a file with the extension .op. This is suppossed to be a glossary. I had to change its extension to .txt and just then I could open this using Notepad first and then Excel.

Do you know what kind of files these are? Can I use this with Multiterm, for instance?

I really have no idea what this is. Thanks a lot in advance!

Paola C.

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxtlmurray
Local time: 20:17
English
What's in it? May 11, 2006

A quick Google pulls up up some items (http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=OP)

But what's inside of it is a key. You said you had to change its extension to .txt and open it using Notepad first and then Excel, so that implies it's some kind of tab- or comma-delimited text.

I suspect it may have been a hand-typed extension and a typo at the same time, or someone's short form for brevity, as in a text file called "operations glossary" was turned in to "gloss.op".

Paola PCR  Identity Verified
Chile
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
I made it to turn it into to an excel file May 11, 2006

Hi,
Finally, I managed to turn this .op file into a .txt and then I replace some parts of the text untill I had a 3 colums file, with Source, Translation and context field. Using filters with Excel now I can use this with no major problems.
Thanks for your answer

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to use an .op file? (terminology?)

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs