Thread poster: Hepburn

Hepburn  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:34
English to French
+ ...
May 13, 2006

Hello ,

I cannot remember the name of a free software (Let it type or let me type? A search on google gave no results) enabling me to get a choice of words to be typed automatically, based on my own data base.
I got rid of it as it sometimes was too invasive, but just now, I would need it.

Any clue?

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Katherine Mérignac  Identity Verified
France
Member (2004)
French to English
LetMeType May 13, 2006

Hi Claudette,

I think the link you're looking for is:

http://www.clasohm.com/lmt/en/

... don't work too hard!

K

Hepburn  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
LetMeType May 13, 2006

Ah, thank you Kate, this is it. I have a love hate relationship with it: when I have it I see its shortcomings, mainly, and after I have got rid of it, I miss it after all. Have downloaded it again in the hope I will get through all those repetitive words faster.

Have a nice week-end!

Barnaby Capel-Dunn  Identity Verified
French to English
Intellicomplete May 13, 2006

Hi Claudette
I'm a great fan of Intellicomplete (www.flashpeak.com; free 30 day trial). IMO it's vastly superior to Let Me Type but a) it's not free and b) it takes a little, but not much, getting used to. Let me know if I can help.
Best
Barnaby

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Name of automatic typing software

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs