Fan Gao
Australia
Local time: 07:19
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Sep 4, 2006

Hi,

I'm having trouble converting a document from Publisher to PDF and wondered if anyone could help.

It's a 4 page document in Publisher. I have page 1 on it's own, pages 2+3 together and page 4 on it's own. So in fact when you view it it's actually 3 pages.

When I try to convert it to PDF the conversion puts pages 1+4 together as page 1 and keeps pages 2+3 together as page 2 so I end up with a 2 page PDF document.

What I want is a 3 page PDF document exactly the same as it is in Publisher with page 1 as the cover, pages 2+3 together and page 4 as the back cover.

I hope this makes sense!

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Direct link Reply with quote

Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:19
German to English
+ ...
Single/double page print layout (perhaps) Sep 5, 2006

Chinese Concept wrote:
It's a 4 page document in Publisher. I have page 1 on it's own, pages 2+3 together and page 4 on it's own. So in fact when you view it it's actually 3 pages.
When I try to convert it to PDF the conversion puts pages 1+4 together as page 1 and keeps pages 2+3 together as page 2 so I end up with a 2 page PDF document.
What I want is a 3 page PDF document exactly the same as it is in Publisher with page 1 as the cover, pages 2+3 together and page 4 as the back cover.

Your booklet is formatted in double page print layout so that it can be copied as a booklet even if there are more pages. Our church newsletter (which I do the layout for in Publisher 2000) is formatted like that, and the double pages for an 8 page booklet come out as 8-1, 2-7, 6-3 and 4-5. The corresponding page layout for 12 page and 16 page booklets is automatically adjusted by the program.

Under the View menu there is a function to show the Wizard (or is it an "Assistant" like in my German version of the program?).
When you see the Wizard/Assistant on the left, it includes an option to switch between single and double page print layout. If you switch this to single pages, and then get your PDF program to display 2 pages per sheet, I would guess this may produce the format that you want.

Fan Gao
Australia
Local time: 07:19
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Appreciated. Sep 5, 2006

Hi Victor,

Many thanks for taking the time to reply. We were trying to do a favour for a client and in the end we ran out of time so she accepted the best we could do at that time which was to just switch it to a 4 individual page layout.

It's good to know for next time though as we haven't has much experience with Publisher before and the whole booklet layout so it's all good experience:)

Thanks again and best wishes,
Mark

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MS Publisher to PDF conversion problem

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs