Thread poster: BelkisDV

BelkisDV  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:44
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 7, 2006

Hello all,

A couple of months ago I upgraded Internet Explorer to the latest Beta version (7.0, I believe).

Since then I've been experiencing all kinds of difficulties such as the Microsoft Virtual Machine not being recognized, problems accessing Symantec, etc.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for your feedback.

Belkis

Direct link Reply with quote

Alessandro di Francia
Italy
Local time: 00:44
Italian to English
+ ...
IE 7.0 Sep 8, 2006

hi belkis,

no, i had no such problems,but have you tried updating your browser yet again?
microsoft has come out with a almost definitive version, the RC1, Release Candidate 1 (http://msdn.microsoft.com/ie/)

of course ie7 is/was still in beta, so problems were naturally arising every twist and turn, but this should run smoother now.

hope it solves the problems.

oh, do remember you MUST have SP2 installed, and the RC1 only comes in English for the moment, so if you download it in another language it will be still the old beta you already have.

[Edited at 2006-09-08 07:11]

BelkisDV  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:44
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks Sep 8, 2006

Hi Alessandro,

No, I hadn't tried to upgrade my browser again, mainly because I haven't seen that option in Microsoft.com. I wonder if it depends on what country you're in because the only option I still see is the 7.0 Beta for IE.

I do have SP2 and only yesterday I signed on to Microsoft.com for updates (even though I have my computer set up to receive them automatically) and there were no Critical Updates available.

I will try to find it through the link you provided.

Thank you very much for the information.

Best,
Belkis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with IE 7.0

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums