Thread poster: Debora Villa
Debora Villa
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:46
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 16, 2006

HELP!!!!!!!!!
I have been unable to acces my hotmail account all day from my laptop, I get a message saying SEVER TOO BUSY. However, I have just tried to access the same account through my pc and I have no problem. Could anyone help me? How come I can access it from the pc but not from the laptop? I have deleted browser history, temporary internet files, restarted the laptop, no joy!!!!!!!! If there is anyone out there with 5 spare minutes to help me I'd be very grateful. Thanks

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-11-16 16:01]

Direct link Reply with quote

texjax DDS PhD  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:46
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
same here Nov 16, 2006

I have the same problem ( and a deadline!)

I don't think that the problem is somewhat related to your laptop, it must be a general issue.

PS (15 minutes later). It is working now.
PS2 (16 minutes later). Troubles...again! What a day!

[Edited at 2006-11-16 16:33]

[Edited at 2006-11-16 16:35]

Joost Elshoff  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:46
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
General Issue Nov 16, 2006

Never to trust e-mail services provided by the Microsoft company... no that would be too harsh.

Apparently MS has troubles with parts of their services. Messenger takes a lot of time to sign in, and connecting to hotmail does not work... Hopefully it will be resolved by tomorrow.

[Edited at 2006-11-16 16:22]

Babelnotes
English to Dutch
+ ...
hotmail not suitable. Nov 16, 2006

I used to have a lot of problems keeping customer contact over hotmail addresses in a previous life. If you really do need a web based and free mail service, I do suggest you use mail.yahoo.co.uk

Good luck!

Debora Villa
United Kingdom
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 16, 2006

Thanks to you both for replying, I am able to access it now.
I have had endless problems with hotmail in the past few months!

Thanks again

Debora Villa
United Kingdom
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
alternative email (free) provider Nov 16, 2006

Thanks,

I already use yahoo as a secondary email account. But I do need a second one as backup, can anyone suggest another provider of free email accounts which is highly reliable?

TIA

Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 03:46
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Gmail Nov 16, 2006

Hi Debora,

I´ve been using Gmail for two years now and never had a problem.
I think you need an invitation to sign in, so, if you are interested, just e-mail me via my Proz.com profile with you e-mail address and I´ll send you an invitation.
Regards,
Marina

Babelnotes
English to Dutch
+ ...
Agree with Marina Nov 17, 2006

Gmail is reliable and free as well.

mail.yahoo.co.uk and gmail.com have the plus that you can access them via the POP3 protocol, meaning your could use them from Outlook or Thunderbird or any other mail client.

chinesetrans
Netherlands
English to Chinese
+ ...
Try via the MSN Nov 27, 2006

Logging via www.hotmail.com to the e-mail account is some difficult in China. Many times say cannot find the server. Very strange. So I tried many ways. Best is to log MSN and then click url to log into the e-mail. But this way does not always work neither. And then I tried the following day.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot access Hotmail account

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs