https://www.proz.com/forum/general_technical_issues/61022-where_are_the_bookmarks_of_firefox.html

Where are the bookmarks of Firefox?
Thread poster: Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:14
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Dec 5, 2006

Does anybody know where Firefox stores its bookmarks? I wanted to make a backup of this folder, one never knows...

In Internet Explorer, you can choose where to save them, but I never found a setting like this in Firefox nor it says where they are currently saved.

I looked through my hard disk but found only old bookmarks (the ones of IE before I migrated to Firefox) and not the newer ones.

Thank you for your help!

Claudia Krysztofiak
Claudia Krysztofiak  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Export them Dec 5, 2006

Just open the bookmark manager (should be something like Bookmarks - Bookmark Manager) and there select File - Export.
Save the export file wherever you wish and import it in the same way when you need it.

I cannot tell you the exact menu names since I use the German version, but it should be similar.

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 19:14
Spanish
+ ...
FF Bookmarks Dec 5, 2006

Hello Christel,

Firefox automatically creates backups all the bookmarks and stores them in a folder of your profile.

The location of this folder in my system is:

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\(myprofile)\bookmarkbackups

I hope this helps,
Claudia

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much, Dec 6, 2006

Claudia and Claudia:-)

I found the folder which was not where I supposed it was... I did not know exactly what to look for with the Windows search function: bookmarks? favourites? And then, I have an Italian operating system and the German version of Firefox...:-) That's why I posted this question.
Do I have the possibility to move it from there? I always prefer to store as little data as possible on my drive C:.

Interesting, the backup function of Firefox that
... See more
Claudia and Claudia:-)

I found the folder which was not where I supposed it was... I did not know exactly what to look for with the Windows search function: bookmarks? favourites? And then, I have an Italian operating system and the German version of Firefox...:-) That's why I posted this question.
Do I have the possibility to move it from there? I always prefer to store as little data as possible on my drive C:.

Interesting, the backup function of Firefox that you mention, Claudia. Could I simply include this folder in the automatic backup run and always have an up-to-date collection of my bookmarks, just in case?

Thank you again.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where are the bookmarks of Firefox?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »