Mobile menu

Hyphenation software
Thread poster: Tim Gutteridge
Tim Gutteridge
Local time: 19:01
Spanish to English
Mar 1, 2007

Apologies for writing this in English.

I have a growing number of UK-based clients for whom I am commission German language trnaslations for print (leaflets, adverts etc) and hyphenation is a recurrent issue in order to avoid ragged lines, particular when the text is laid out in narrow columns.

I know there is a bit of debate about hyphenation in German as a result of the latest orthographic changes, but apart from this, does anyone know how I can show all potential hyphenation points (either using Word or using 3rd-party software)?

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:01
English to German
+ ...
Moved the topic Mar 1, 2007

Hi Tim,
I vetted your original posting in order to send notifications to those following the German forum. However, we try to keep postings in this forum in German. Therefore, I will move the topic to a more appropriate (English language) forum.

Best regards,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hyphenation software

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs