Thread poster: LegalTransform

LegalTransform  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:32
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 5, 2007

If you have been having problems with the new Internet Explorer 7 on ProZ and other websites (very, very, very slow when doing searches, going from one page to another, etc.), I believe I may have found the solution.

Right-click on the IE7 icon on your desktop and select START WITHOUT AD-ONS.

System now works as fast as ever.

Direct link Reply with quote

Dinny  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 03:32
Italian to Danish
+ ...
Thank you! Mar 6, 2007

That was a good idea! When living in a remote area like I do with only modem connection available any little thing to speed up the navigation is worth gold!

PAS  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:32
English to Polish
+ ...
Subtracting Add Ons Mar 6, 2007

Question 1: What are (the) add-ons?

Question (remark) 2: Honestly, Most of the websites I frequent work normally. ProZ is one of the very few which has been sloooow, especially in scrolling, something I find puzzling.

Thanks for the tip,

Pawel Skalinski

Addendum and caveat:

OK - I wasn't fully awake yet. If you switch off all the addons, you will turn off any additional toolbars you may have installed (Google, Dictionary.com) and some services, such as shockwave flash. I think it's better to look at the list of addons and turn off the ones you don't need manually. (Tools > Internet options > Programs > Manage addons)

[Edited at 2007-03-06 08:38]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Possible solution for slow IE-7 problem with ProZ

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs