Thread poster: Angel_7

Angel_7  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:32
French to English
+ ...
Apr 1, 2007

Hi everyone

How can I send a fax with Windows XP from my desktop? At the moment I just use a fax machine, but I have told that you send it from Windows without needing a fax machine. Does anyone know how this is done?

Direct link Reply with quote

Chinese to English
Options Apr 1, 2007

If you have a modem on your PC:

If you do not have a modem on your PC:
"If you're without a modem or you don't want to tie up your phone line, an Internet-based fax service might work best for you. Visit the sites of Internet faxing services, among them eFax, and Faxaway and read their FAQs. Which service you choose depends on your pattern of fax usage. Some have excellent international rates, for example, but if you don't send faxes to other countries that probably doesn't matter to you. Also some services require that you use their software to read incoming faxes."

Nicolas Coyer  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:32
Spanish to French
+ ...
Printers and Faxes Apr 1, 2007

Have you had a look at this control panel: Printers and Faxes?

Joco Velkov
Macedonia (FYROM)
Local time: 15:32
Macedonian to English
+ ...
Fax with Windows XP Apr 1, 2007

Dear Angel,

take look this:

Get a free fax number that allows people to send faxes which you can view through your E-Mail. Great for translators who don't want to pay for an extra line, plus there are no frustrating paper jams to deal with! FREE DOWNLOAD!

Compress your files to save time and space. Also helps get rid of those pesky file-transfer problems that occur when sending files through some types of E-Mail systems.

Kindest regards

J. Velkov
Skopje - Macedonia

Hepburn  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:32
English to French
+ ...
Not free for long... Apr 2, 2007

Joco Velkov wrote:

take look this:

Get a free fax number that allows people to send faxes

Not really free, since it is only for one month's trial and then 11 EUR per month, which is only justified if one has a lot of faxes to send regularly.

[Edited at 2007-04-02 04:01]

Julian Wood  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:32
Czech to English
+ ...
Anything free? Apr 5, 2007

Hi-does anyone know a completely free Fax software service? I have no landline, and am moving soon-ish

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sending fax with Windows XP

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs