Thread poster: Barbara Wiegel

Barbara Wiegel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:07
English to German
+ ...
May 8, 2007

Hi there,

does anybody have any suggestions where to find a collection of interesting/nice/unusual/funky sound schemes for the PC?

Right now, I work with a mix of sounds replacing the MS default notifications - among them sounds from 24, Seinfeld, TV ads and general comical stuff.

But, to tell the truth, I'm a little fed up with George Costanza yelling "sonsofb*****s" every time I press a wrong button or enter an incorrect command. On the other hand, I don't want to restore the boring MS sounds. They are even more annoying than George...

What are you using as "sound backdrop"? Anything interesting? Any suggestions where to download nice stuff?

Cheers,
Barbara

Direct link Reply with quote

GoodWords  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 09:07
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Wind chimes and ambient sounds May 8, 2007

I like peaceful sounds rather than funky... I found some nice wind chime samples by this search and ambient sounds by these searches.

María Teresa Taylor Oliver  Identity Verified
Panama
Local time: 10:07
English to Spanish
+ ...
A Seinfeld fan May 8, 2007

Barbara Wiegel wrote:

Hi there,

does anybody have any suggestions where to find a collection of interesting/nice/unusual/funky sound schemes for the PC?

Right now, I work with a mix of sounds replacing the MS default notifications - among them sounds from 24, Seinfeld, TV ads and general comical stuff.

Hi, Barbara

I apologize for not answering your question but actually asking you another one (sorry!): where did you get Seinfeld ambient sounds? I'm a big fan... Thanks!

Barbara Wiegel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:07
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I know, SEINFELD ruleZ! May 9, 2007

María Teresa Taylor Oliver wrote:

where did you get Seinfeld ambient sounds? I'm a big fan... Thanks!

Hi María Teresa,

the Seinfeld sounds I use (Kramer: I'm the A**man; George: Sonsofb*****s; Soup Nazi: No Soup for you!) I downloaded from a website quite a while ago. I'll try to find it for you if you're interested. If you contact me in private I can send you a ZIP file with all the sounds I got (some more than the ones I mentioned above) and perhaps I'll find the website I downloaded them originally from.
They are not "professionally" made to be used as sound effects on the computer - I just use them as that.

But as I mentioned in my post, I'm a bit fed up with the emotional exclamations from Kramer and George and perhaps I'll try something different now. The ambient and relaxing sounds GoodWords suggested might be a start...

Cheers,
Barbara

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interesting/unusual sound schemes for PC

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs