Help:Transferring Dragon NatSpeak 3.01 to new computer
Thread poster: Dirgis
Dirgis  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:01
German to English
+ ...
Jan 13, 2003

I have Dragon Naturally Speaking 3.01, which I used to use with Word 97, and unfortunately failed to update while that was possible. It is well trained. Since I installed Office XP, I can\'t use it any more.

I would like to install Word 97 on my new laptop and also Dragon.

This makes sense unless the new versions are significantly better, which those of you who have gone through the stages will know.

Can anyone tell me which files I have to copy to get the training transferred after installation. Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Mauro Cristuib-Grizzi  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:01
English to Italian
Here is the process to follow: Jan 13, 2003

1. Make a backup of the directory (and subdirectories) where you have installed Dragon NaturallySpeaking on your hard disk.

2. Reinstall Dragon NaturallySpeaking on the new computer from the original CD-ROM (use the same name for the directory).

3. Restore the backup on the new computer (overwriting all existing files).

4. At this point you\'ll have to configure your input audio device (adjust volume, etc), but the whole training will be preserved.

Hope this helps,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help:Transferring Dragon NatSpeak 3.01 to new computer

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs