Help:Transferring Dragon NatSpeak 3.01 to new computer
Thread poster: Dirgis
Dirgis  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:04
German to English
+ ...
Jan 13, 2003

I have Dragon Naturally Speaking 3.01, which I used to use with Word 97, and unfortunately failed to update while that was possible. It is well trained. Since I installed Office XP, I can\'t use it any more.

I would like to install Word 97 on my new laptop and also Dragon.

This makes sense unless the new versions are significantly better, which those of you who have gone through the stages will know.

Can anyone tell me which files I have to copy to get the training transferred after installation. Thanks

Sigrid

Direct link Reply with quote

Mauro Cristuib-Grizzi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:04
English to Italian
Here is the process to follow: Jan 13, 2003

1. Make a backup of the directory (and subdirectories) where you have installed Dragon NaturallySpeaking on your hard disk.

2. Reinstall Dragon NaturallySpeaking on the new computer from the original CD-ROM (use the same name for the directory).

3. Restore the backup on the new computer (overwriting all existing files).

4. At this point you\'ll have to configure your input audio device (adjust volume, etc), but the whole training will be preserved.

Hope this helps,

Mauro

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help:Transferring Dragon NatSpeak 3.01 to new computer

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs