Thread poster: Dirgis (X)
Dirgis (X)
Dirgis (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:25
German to English
+ ...
Jan 13, 2003

I have Dragon Naturally Speaking 3.01, which I used to use with Word 97, and unfortunately failed to update while that was possible. It is well trained. Since I installed Office XP, I can\'t use it any more.

I would like to install Word 97 on my new laptop and also Dragon.

This makes sense unless the new versions are significantly better, which those of you who have gone through the stages will know.

Can anyone tell me which files I have to copy to get the training
... See more
I have Dragon Naturally Speaking 3.01, which I used to use with Word 97, and unfortunately failed to update while that was possible. It is well trained. Since I installed Office XP, I can\'t use it any more.

I would like to install Word 97 on my new laptop and also Dragon.

This makes sense unless the new versions are significantly better, which those of you who have gone through the stages will know.

Can anyone tell me which files I have to copy to get the training transferred after installation. Thanks

Sigrid
Collapse

Mauro Cristuib-Grizzi
Mauro Cristuib-Grizzi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:25
English to Italian
Here is the process to follow: Jan 13, 2003

1. Make a backup of the directory (and subdirectories) where you have installed Dragon NaturallySpeaking on your hard disk.

2. Reinstall Dragon NaturallySpeaking on the new computer from the original CD-ROM (use the same name for the directory).

3. Restore the backup on the new computer (overwriting all existing files).

4. At this point you\'ll have to configure your input audio device (adjust volume, etc), but the whole training will be preserved.

... See more
1. Make a backup of the directory (and subdirectories) where you have installed Dragon NaturallySpeaking on your hard disk.

2. Reinstall Dragon NaturallySpeaking on the new computer from the original CD-ROM (use the same name for the directory).

3. Restore the backup on the new computer (overwriting all existing files).

4. At this point you\'ll have to configure your input audio device (adjust volume, etc), but the whole training will be preserved.

Hope this helps,

Mauro
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help:Transferring Dragon NatSpeak 3.01 to new computer

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »