Thread poster: annita
annita
annita  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:48
English to Greek
+ ...
Jul 25, 2007

Dear colleagues,

I have the following problem logging in to my proz account: I installed recently SDL TRADOS 2007 in my Laptop. The installation went fine and the program worked OK.
After this installation when I tried to access my proz account (username: annita) I got the message : our cookies are not accepted by your system please change the settings (description of settings ..................... ) in your Internet Browser. I DID CHANGED ALL THE SETTINGS RECOMMENDED BY PROZ.
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I have the following problem logging in to my proz account: I installed recently SDL TRADOS 2007 in my Laptop. The installation went fine and the program worked OK.
After this installation when I tried to access my proz account (username: annita) I got the message : our cookies are not accepted by your system please change the settings (description of settings ..................... ) in your Internet Browser. I DID CHANGED ALL THE SETTINGS RECOMMENDED BY PROZ.COM to allow cookies in my Internet Explorer (6.5) but I could not login either after the changes were done and got again and again the same message.
I am afraid it has something to do with the new SDL TRADOS 2007 installation as it installed several components like Java, .NET etc but I don't know what to do to be able to login in my proz.com account again from my Laptop.
I even downloaded and installed a newer version of Internet Explorer (7.0) and made the settings to allow cookies but it didn't work either. I got the same message again.
Please send any ideas you may have.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Annita
Collapse

Sam Berner
Sam Berner  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 17:48
Member (2003)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Try cleaning your files in Internet Explorer Jul 25, 2007

Hi Anita

You may be caching.

Open IE, go to Tools>Internet Options>Delete Cookies

then OK, then repeat it with Delete Files.

Then go to Tools>Internet Options>Privacy>Sites

In the field for Address for Website type www.proz.com and click on Allow.

Close your Internet Explorer and then re-open and try to log back.

Good luck.

annita
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I will do! Jul 25, 2007

Hi Sam!
Thanks a lot for your suggestion.
I will do later today when I have my laptop and let you know.
Best Regards
Annita

annita
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Fantastic! It worked! Jul 26, 2007

Sam Berner wrote:

Hi Anita

You may be caching.

Open IE, go to Tools>Internet Options>Delete Cookies

then OK, then repeat it with Delete Files.

Then go to Tools>Internet Options>Privacy>Sites

In the field for Address for Website type www.proz.com and click on Allow.

Close your Internet Explorer and then re-open and try to log back.

Good luck.

Dear Sam,
Your suggestion was excellent. It worked. I would like to thank you very much for your help. I had tried so many things and I was a bit dissappointed. I even thought that SDL TRADOS may had changed something.
Anyway, again many thanks for your help.

Best Regards
Annita

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot login to my proz.com account!

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »