Trouble printing in Farsi - prints in Arabic script but not the right words
Thread poster: Helena El Masri
Helena El Masri
Helena El Masri  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:47
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 27, 2003

I run WinXP + Office 2000 Pro and I am having problems printing Farsi scripts. My printer is a Lexmark Z52. I also have a HP PSC 500, but both print the scripts wrong. It prints in Arabic script but not the right words.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Helena El Masri

Mollanazar
Mollanazar
Iran
Local time: 03:17
Persian (Farsi) to English
+ ...
Check the language icon on your task bar Jan 27, 2003

Have you installed Farsi support for your windows? Can you see the Farsi language among the languages supported by your windows? Press the language icon on the right side of your task bar, if you do not see it, you should install Farsi. I also suggest you use Office XP with Windows XP. I did that as I had some problems when I used Office 2000 with Windows XP.

Best regards,

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-01-27 16:29]

Helena El Masri
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Farsi support Jan 27, 2003

Yes, Farsi is included in the list and I could also use the keyboard if I wanted to as it allows me to switch between languages.

I can open the doc and visualise the script but the problem arises when I send the doc to the printer... it prints different letters...

thanks

helena

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
Local time: 16:47
English to Arabic
+ ...
Fasrsi Settings and TTF Fonts Jan 27, 2003

Greetings.

On 2003-01-27 12:15, elmasri wrote:

I run Windows XP + Office 2000 Professional, and I am having problems printing Farsi scripts.... etc.

Three things you might do:

1. Select and install Farsi support in your PC\'s \"regional settings.\"

2. Check what Farsi TTF fonts are provided and installed when you added Farsi support (probably three or four at most; I can send some good Farsi fonts that
... See more
Greetings.

On 2003-01-27 12:15, elmasri wrote:

I run Windows XP + Office 2000 Professional, and I am having problems printing Farsi scripts.... etc.

Three things you might do:

1. Select and install Farsi support in your PC\'s \"regional settings.\"

2. Check what Farsi TTF fonts are provided and installed when you added Farsi support (probably three or four at most; I can send some good Farsi fonts that work well inside my XP).

3. Find and and print the layout for the Farsi keyboard diagram (saves doing a lot of keyboard mapping to find the right combinations of keystrokes).

HTH. Khair, in sha\' Allah.

Regards,

Stephen H. FRanke

Los Angeles
Collapse

Helena El Masri
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TT Farsi fonts Jan 27, 2003

Thank you for both replies.

I have Farsi simple bold and simple outline. I have others but I can\'t distinguish them from the Arabic and Kurdish fonts.

I also have Farsi selected in my regional settings. That\'s why I am so surprised that it doesn\'t print correctly.

helena

Mollanazar
Mollanazar
Iran
+ ...
Use 'Time New Roman' for all the text Jan 27, 2003

and see the result in print. If you like, you may send me a sample so that I can find out the problem!

Respects,

Mollanazar
Mollanazar
Iran
+ ...
Convert the document into PDF Jan 27, 2003

then print it if it seems correct on the screen!

I hope this will solve the problem.

Helena El Masri
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
print it in pdf Jan 27, 2003

I actually asked the translator to do that I will receive a copy in pdf ready for printing tomorrow.

However I also have Acrobat so I will try. Thank you again, it has been most helpful.

Helena

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trouble printing in Farsi - prints in Arabic script but not the right words

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »