Text Boxes Over Drawings Word 2002 SP3
Thread poster: pmakinen
pmakinen  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:31
Member (2005)
Russian to English
+ ...
Oct 8, 2007

For some obscure (at least to me) reason, Word is not allowing me to place text boxes on top of drawings this evening.

And if I try to create a text box elsewhere and move it onto the drawing, the text box snaps to a location just outside the top edge of the drawing and sits there laughing at my feeble attempts to corral it.

Direct link Reply with quote

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 22:31
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
I happen to have the same version of Word Oct 8, 2007

pmakinen wrote:

For some obscure (at least to me) reason, Word is not allowing me to place text boxes on top of drawings this evening.

And if I try to create a text box elsewhere and move it onto the drawing, the text box snaps to a location just outside the top edge of the drawing and sits there laughing at my feeble attempts to corral it.

except that it has the Polish interface, but I know what you mean.

You can try to tell Word that the main drawing over which text boxes are to hover, should be placed "in the background", or experiment with text wrap options and allow text to "flow through" the drawing, then it might also allow text boxes.

How the drawing is anchored might also play a role.

HTH

Piotr

pmakinen  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:31
Member (2005)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Oct 8, 2007

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

pmakinen wrote:

You can try to tell Word that the main drawing over which text boxes are to hover, should be placed "in the background", or experiment with text wrap options and allow text to "flow through" the drawing, then it might also allow text boxes.

Piotr

Thanks! This is indeed the solution to the problem. The next question is how to increase the number of text boxes allowed per page (I seem to be three short of the number required for one figure... ).

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 22:31
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
I don't think there's a limit Oct 8, 2007

pmakinen wrote:
The next question is how to increase the number of text boxes allowed per page (I seem to be three short of the number required for one figure... ).

I don't think there is a limit, but you should remember that text boxes also have their wrap options and maybe they are getting in the way of one another.

HTH

Piotr

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Text Boxes Over Drawings Word 2002 SP3

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs