Mobile menu

Translating a CAD file
Thread poster: Veronika 2
Veronika 2
Local time: 23:22
English
Oct 11, 2007

Hello,

I was asked to translate an autoCAD file. I have never dealt with files in this format before.
Could someone give me some guidelines on how to deal with such file formate and how to go about translation?
thanks

Veronika

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-10-11 23:21]

Direct link Reply with quote

Fabio Descalzi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 19:22
Member (2004)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Try this Oct 11, 2007

Hi Veronika

Try with this thread, hope it helps: http://www.proz.com/topic/18792

CheerZ,
Fabio

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 01:22
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
A free tool: Trans Oct 12, 2007

translate drawing texts to another language (export+import), for R14--A2002/2004/2005/2006 and 2007 (LSP/VLX)

http://www.xanadu.cz/en/develop.asp

vida_t
Local time: 00:22
Lithuanian to English
AutoCAD is not easy to work with Oct 12, 2007

Hello, AutoCad software is a program for making drawings or designing. If you have to change one language into another you will have not a lot of problems. But if you can't remove old texts and have to write new ones it may occur some difficulties because this software is good for drawing but not very friendly for texts. Texts in the drawings are not always easy, somtimes you understand the meaning of the phrase only from the drawing.
So this is my experience about working with AutoCAD.

juvera  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:22
Member (2005)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Check the subject as well Oct 17, 2007

You may find that not only the program will be unfamiliar, but also the text is highly technical, with plenty of shortened words and abbreviations.
Before you commit yourself, it would be advisable to check the subject and make sure you are really familiar with it.

Mauricio Coitiño  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 19:22
English to Spanish
+ ...
Problems with Trans.vlx Dec 21, 2008

I've been trying to translate an AutoCad 2007 drawing with these tool but I get tons of "unknown entities" which means that most of my work is not automatically changed to target language. I've tried all kinds of changes to the translated txt file but nothing seems to work. I'm close to my deadline, so any ideas may help.
Regards,

Mauricio

Vicente Victorica  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:22
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
Alternative to Trans.vlx for AutoCAD drawings Jan 8, 2009

You may also try this tool found at versiontracker:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/10888613

I think is a commercial product but it solves the problem, and has additional features.

One bad side is that you need to convert the files to DXF format first, but this can be don easily with AutoCAD itself.

Best wishes!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating a CAD file

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs