Canada
Local time: 09:04
English to French
+ ...
Oct 16, 2007

Hi,

I am working with windows XP, office word 2003
I downloaded wordfast free version ;
problem : Ctrl Alt X, which used to give me the closing French quotation mark, now closes my mail message.
I then found the closing quotation mark with Schift + " (actually the dot key with the symbol bigger than)
but after turning off (and on again) my computer, this same key gives the opening quotation mark, as does also the Ctrl + Alt + Z
So I now have two openi
... See more
Hi,

I am working with windows XP, office word 2003
I downloaded wordfast free version ;
problem : Ctrl Alt X, which used to give me the closing French quotation mark, now closes my mail message.
I then found the closing quotation mark with Schift + " (actually the dot key with the symbol bigger than)
but after turning off (and on again) my computer, this same key gives the opening quotation mark, as does also the Ctrl + Alt + Z
So I now have two opening quotation marks shortcuts and no closing (except if I insert through symbols under tools, quite laborious...)

Any tip related to this problem is welcome, like how to solve or go around it...
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 14:04
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Don't use MS Word as your e-mail editor Oct 16, 2007

Odette Grille wrote:
Ctrl Alt X, which used to give me the closing French quotation mark, now closes my mail message.

Wordfast is a macro running in MS Word. If you use MS Word as your e-mail editor (this is an option in MS Outlook, I think), then all your Wordfast shortcuts will also want to work in Outlook... which can clash with certain things.

Solution 1: Do not use MS Word as your e-mail editor. Most e-mail editing functions will still be available.

Solution 2: Assign the French quotation mark to a different keyboard shortcut. Go Insert -> Symbol, find the symbol yo want to insert, and set up the new keyboard shortcut from there.

Odette Grille (X)
Odette Grille (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:04
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solutions Oct 16, 2007

Samuel Murray wrote:

[
Solution 1: Do not use MS Word as your e-mail editor. Most e-mail editing functions will still be available.

Solution 2: Assign the French quotation mark to a different keyboard shortcut. Go Insert -> Symbol, find the symbol yo want to insert, and set up the new keyboard shortcut from there.

Thank you Samuel. I'll use the 2nd solution for now, but the first later as I will probably discover other changes...

Ode

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Keyboard change due to worfast ?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »