Mobile menu

not receiving any job emails
Thread poster: Carmen Lawrence

Carmen Lawrence  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:15
Member
Dutch to English
+ ...
Feb 23, 2003

Does anyone know how I can once again begin receiving job emails? I try to follow the instructions regarding this but it simply will not work.

Direct link Reply with quote
 
Ruth Rosenthal
Israel
Local time: 11:15
English to Dutch
+ ...
Same here Feb 23, 2003

I do not receive any job offers by email either. For the last six months I have regularly sent emails to \'support\' and asked them to change it. Nothing has been changed, nor have I received an answer.

My conclusion is that the support is utterly useless.


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Steffen Pollex  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:15
English to German
+ ...
This is sad enough... Feb 23, 2003

and only shows that you are not terribly inventive in terms of problem-solving: why don\'t you write directly to the moderator of your language pairs?!





Shalom

Steffen



On 2003-02-23 12:43, rosebar wrote:

\"For the last six months I have regularly sent emails to \'support\' and asked them to change it. Nothing has been changed, nor have I received an answer.\"



[ This Message was edited by:on2003-02-23 14:16]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 04:15
SITE FOUNDER
Problem with terra.es Feb 23, 2003

Terra.es is blocking alert emails from ProZ.com and we--and ProZ.com members who are terra.es users--have had no success in getting them to allow ProZ.com messages through.



All we can offer in terms of a solution is the free email service offered by everyone.net on behalf of ProZ.com: proz.mail.everyone.net



I know it is inconvenient to use a second email address just for job notices, but that is our only solution at the moment. (We are also considering changing the way we send emails to terra.es members in order to bypass their filters.)


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 04:15
SITE FOUNDER
No record of support requests from you Feb 23, 2003

Quote:


On 2003-02-23 12:43, rosebar wrote:

I do not receive any job offers by email either. For the last six months I have regularly sent emails to \'support\' and asked them to change it. Nothing has been changed, nor have I received an answer.

My conclusion is that the support is utterly useless.





Dear Ruth,



We do not have any support requests from you on file. The proper way to enter a support request is to click on the \'Get SUpport\' link in the menu.

Direct link Reply with quote
 
Ruth Rosenthal
Israel
Local time: 11:15
English to Dutch
+ ...
Not so sad, really Feb 23, 2003

[quote]

On 2003-02-23 14:13, Steffen Pollex wrote:

and only shows that you are not terribly inventive in terms of problem-solving: why don\'t you write directly to the moderator of your language pairs?!





Shalom

Steffen



On 2003-02-23 12:43, rosebar wrote:

\"For the last six months I have regularly sent emails to \'support\' and asked them to change it. Nothing has been changed, nor have I received an answer.\"





Hi Steffen,



It not so sad actually. It only proves that I tried several times and that I did not find it important enough at the time to try more options. Fact is that I have been loaded with work in the past few months, so the need of receiving job offers by email was not so keenly felt by me. Seeing this problem described by somebody else, induced me to write. One of these days I\'ll try the support again and see what happens.



Meanwhile, also shalom to you,



Ruth Rosenthal


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Maria Asis  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:15
English to Spanish
+ ...
All Proz mails actually Feb 24, 2003

Hi everybody!



I\'m one of those terra.es affected and I have also seen that I don\'t receive mails with answers to my kudoz questions either.



Does this also affect to all the mail coming from Proz? Should we change the e-mail address to another one?



Thanks!



Maria José





Direct link Reply with quote
 
xxxtazdog
Spain
Local time: 10:15
Spanish to English
+ ...
María José... Feb 24, 2003

It applies to all e-mail from Proz, not just jobs. More information is contained in this thread:



http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&topic_id=8163&forum_id=10



As I said in this other thread, I am now using a Yahoo address instead of my terra/teleline address, and it works fine.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Maria Asis  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:15
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks! Feb 24, 2003

Thanks Cindy,



Already changed the e-mail address. I\'ll see what happens!



Have a nice day!



Maria José


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Maya Jurt  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 10:15
Member (2002)
French to German
+ ...
Why is terra.es blocking proZ email? Feb 24, 2003

Quote:


On 2003-02-23 14:34, Henry wrote:

Terra.es is blocking alert emails from ProZ.com and we--and ProZ.com members who are terra.es users--have had no success in getting them to allow ProZ.com messages through.



Do they have a technical problem ?

Never heard of anything like it. Should be rather the opposite, whith the rates Spanish agencies offer.

Any danger that others will follow that example?

Is it a temporary problem or a permanent one?



Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

not receiving any job emails

Advanced search






PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs