Mobile menu

Image visibility problem translating RTFs w/ WordFast, Search & Replace from funduc.com
Thread poster: Galina Labinko Rodriguez

Galina Labinko Rodriguez  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:11
Spanish to Russian
+ ...
Feb 26, 2003

Hi,

I\'ve been translating RTF documents using WordFast. Some of them contain drawings (web page layout and menues), which I translated. All of the drawings have the same text in different files. So when I needed to correct few words, instead of opening files one by one and editing, I used the program Search and Replace from http://www.funduc.com to replace the word in all drawings. Now, when I open my files I don\'t see the drawings. However, when I search for a word with Search and Replace, it finds this word OK. I opened the files on another PC and the drawings are visible. The most amaizing thing is that I keep the original files in my e-mail. They have not been edited. When I open them, the same result - no drawings. I uninstalled FardFast, but no drwaings. What could it be???????????

Direct link Reply with quote

Gilda Manara  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:11
German to Italian
+ ...
try this... Feb 26, 2003

Hi, it happens sometimes that WordFast changes the standard options of Word. Try this: from the toolbar of Word click on Tools ->Options -> check Drawings (under Print and Web Layout Options. The drawings should appear again...

Good luck

Gilda

Galina Labinko Rodriguez  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:11
Spanish to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
:) :) :) :) Feb 26, 2003

It works.Thank you a million. I feel so relieved. What a great thing to have Proz!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Image visibility problem translating RTFs w/ WordFast, Search & Replace from funduc.com

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs