Image visibility problem translating RTFs w/ WordFast, Search & Replace from funduc.com
Thread poster: Galina Labinko Rodriguez
Galina Labinko Rodriguez
Galina Labinko Rodriguez  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:35
Spanish to Russian
+ ...
Feb 26, 2003

Hi,

I\'ve been translating RTF documents using WordFast. Some of them contain drawings (web page layout and menues), which I translated. All of the drawings have the same text in different files. So when I needed to correct few words, instead of opening files one by one and editing, I used the program Search and Replace from http://www.funduc.com to replace the word in all drawings. Now, when I open my files I don\'t se
... See more
Hi,

I\'ve been translating RTF documents using WordFast. Some of them contain drawings (web page layout and menues), which I translated. All of the drawings have the same text in different files. So when I needed to correct few words, instead of opening files one by one and editing, I used the program Search and Replace from http://www.funduc.com to replace the word in all drawings. Now, when I open my files I don\'t see the drawings. However, when I search for a word with Search and Replace, it finds this word OK. I opened the files on another PC and the drawings are visible. The most amaizing thing is that I keep the original files in my e-mail. They have not been edited. When I open them, the same result - no drawings. I uninstalled FardFast, but no drwaings. What could it be???????????
Collapse

Gilda Manara
Gilda Manara  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 07:35
German to Italian
+ ...
try this... Feb 26, 2003

Hi, it happens sometimes that WordFast changes the standard options of Word. Try this: from the toolbar of Word click on Tools ->Options -> check Drawings (under Print and Web Layout Options. The drawings should appear again...

Good luck

Gilda

Galina Labinko Rodriguez
Galina Labinko Rodriguez  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:35
Spanish to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
:) :) :) :) Feb 26, 2003

It works.Thank you a million. I feel so relieved. What a great thing to have Proz!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Image visibility problem translating RTFs w/ WordFast, Search & Replace from funduc.com

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »