Mobile menu

constantly have to reload pages today
Thread poster: Rachel Vanarsdall

Rachel Vanarsdall  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:50
Member (2004)
French to English
Mar 5, 2003

Yesterday afternoon when I checked the Proz questions and forum pages, it appeared that nothing new had been posted in several hours. I assumed that Proz was down so I quit checking. I checked again this morning and I was seeing the same old pages - the top questions on the Kudoz questions pages were the same as I had seen yesterday, there appeared to be no new activity in the discussion forums, etc. I tried reloading on one of the question pages and sure enough a long string of new questions appeared. But I now appear to have to reload every page I go to - does this have something to do with my cache settings? I use netscape, btw

Any advice appreciated - thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Matthew Coulson  Identity Verified
Albanian to English
+ ...
It most likely is your cache but is could also be your cookies Mar 7, 2003

I am not sure what the ProZ staff is imbedding in their cookies but some sites use cookies to indicate when you were here last to determine what content expires. If this is the case flushing out the cookies should do. If it is a cache issue just flush out your cache, or make it so you store less data in your cache.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

constantly have to reload pages today

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs