Mobile menu

Why I can't insert comments in a pdf file in Hindi Unicode?
Thread poster: chopra_2002

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 15:46
English to Hindi
+ ...
Dec 12, 2007

I have Adobe Acrobat (Version 5.0). I recently received a job offer from one of my clients. I was required to suggest suitable changes in a pdf file by using the Note tool. I tried to suggest changes in Hindi but was unable to do so and I could not even change the language bar from English to Hindi despite repeated efforts. So, I had no other alternative but to suggest the changes in the form of transliteration.

Could you suggest a solution for this problem?

[Edited at 2007-12-12 03:02]

[Edited at 2007-12-12 12:52]

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxBrandis
Local time: 11:16
English to German
+ ...
you need to upgrade your acrobat to 8.0 Dec 12, 2007

This is a multilanguage edition and you need also a hindi keyboard set to embed the comments. brandis

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:16
English to Hungarian
+ ...
PDF-Exchange Viewer Dec 12, 2007

Before paying for an upgrade to Acrobat 8.0, you may wish to try a free tool called PDF-Exchange Viewer, downloadable at http://www.docu-track.com/home/prod_user/pdfx_viewer/?act[69]=download
If you cannot type into the comments field using Hindi, you may try to type in Word and copy+paste it.
Attila

Umutay Midinova
Kyrgyzstan
Local time: 16:16
English to Russian
+ ...
Working with Reader Dec 12, 2007

When I encountered the same problem with language specific letters, I found the way out with Acrobat Reader 8, it is free of charge. The possibility to write in it you can provide, if you save the file in the available Adobe Acrobat (but mine is 7.0) with a feature to make comments in Reader. At least in my version there is an option. Then reopen the saved file in Reader and voila you can write Notes.

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 15:46
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks so much Dec 13, 2007

I am grateful to you for the link of this free software as it has solved the problem.

Attila Piróth wrote:

Before paying for an upgrade to Acrobat 8.0, you may wish to try a free tool called PDF-Exchange Viewer, downloadable at http://www.docu-track.com/home/prod_user/pdfx_viewer/?act[69]=download
If you cannot type into the comments field using Hindi, you may try to type in Word and copy+paste it.
Attila

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why I can't insert comments in a pdf file in Hindi Unicode?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs