Browser/Proz server problems - Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.
Thread poster: heikeb
heikeb
heikeb  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 14:15
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Jan 11, 2008

In order to be able to see a client's workflow tool (SDL TMS) that's based on popups, I had to mess with my security settings of Netscape 8.1 and diverse firewall popup blocker settings (Windows XP Pro, SP2, CA Firewall).

However, now I get an error message when I try to access Proz.com:

Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Cookie: [...]
... See more
In order to be able to see a client's workflow tool (SDL TMS) that's based on popups, I had to mess with my security settings of Netscape 8.1 and diverse firewall popup blocker settings (Windows XP Pro, SP2, CA Firewall).

However, now I get an error message when I try to access Proz.com:

Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Cookie: [...]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at proz.com Port 80

Although I think I have returned all settings to their previous state, I still get that error message. Does anybody have any idea what might be causing it and/or how I can fix it?

Any help appreciated!!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-01-11 20:05]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Browser/Proz server problems - Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »