Mobile menu

Unable to install dictionaries
Thread poster: Jerónimo Fernández

Jerónimo Fernández  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 28, 2003

Hello everybody

I have a computer with Windows XP as operative system (OS) and I\'m unable to install the Routledge English-Spanish Business Dictionary and the DRAE Spanish monolingual dictionary. I find this pretty weird as I didn\'t have this problem with my former PC (OS Windows 98 ). Also, a friend of mine has these dictionaries installed in her PC (OS Windows XP) with no problems at all.

Apart from that, I have a problem running the Larousse grand encyclopaedia. It installs properly and the intro runs OK when it is started but it closes as soon as the intro finishes, so I can\'t make any search.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.

[ This Message was edited by: Jerónimo Fdez on 2003-03-28 13:00]

Direct link Reply with quote

Carsten Behrend  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:24
English to German
+ ...
What exactly is the problem? Mar 28, 2003

Which error message is displayed? Do you have admin rights?

Pleas specify!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to install dictionaries

Advanced search

Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs