Mobile menu

Translating PHP files - how to get a word count?
Thread poster: Vesna Zivcic

Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:36
German to Croatian
+ ...
Apr 2, 2003

I have been asked to provide a quote for a translation job consisting of several PHP files.

Aldough I have experience translating HTML files, this is the first time I deal with php-files.

Do you happen to know if there is a convenient way to find out the exact length of text to be translated (something like word count)?

Direct link Reply with quote

Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:36
English to Dutch
+ ...
Did you check Apr 2, 2003

You may find an answer there.

I contacted Maxim of Practicount and asked him if he could look into this as well.

Good luck!

Kemal Mustajbegovic  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:36
English to Croatian
+ ...
Try this one Apr 3, 2003

I asked my son (computer programer and web design expert) for the advice on your quest and he gave the following link that my have answers on all your questions.

If you\'re willing to learn you\'ll become an expert in a field.

Srdaèan pozdrav!

PHP file can be imported into Word doc:

- right click on web page and select all than copy and paste into Word doc where you can do the word count. But be warned, you should add about 10% to the word count because of the hidden text e.g. dropdown windows and buttons that show text when you point at them. Pozdrav!

[ This Message was edited by: kemmus on 2003-04-03 10:23]

[ This Message was edited by: kemmus on 2003-04-03 10:24]

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 04:36
WebBudget may do it Apr 3, 2003

I remember seeing a WebBudget demo and think that php may have been among the file types it could parse. You may want to check with the developer of that, or as Evert suggests,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating PHP files - how to get a word count?

Advanced search PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs