Das ist wunderbar! (Nützliche Sprachhinweise für Englisch)
Thread poster: CHENOUMI (X)
CHENOUMI (X)
CHENOUMI (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Jul 5, 2003

Hallo...Alle!

Sorry for my poor German. I wanted to share this wonderful German site http://www.wiwo.de/pswiwo/fn/ww2/sfn/buildww/cn/cn_artikel/id/177/id/17099/bt/2/fl/0/SH/0/depot/0/index.html with you.

The author also makes several linguistic comparisons between English and German in a wide array of fi
... See more
Hallo...Alle!

Sorry for my poor German. I wanted to share this wonderful German site http://www.wiwo.de/pswiwo/fn/ww2/sfn/buildww/cn/cn_artikel/id/177/id/17099/bt/2/fl/0/SH/0/depot/0/index.html with you.

The author also makes several linguistic comparisons between English and German in a wide array of fields: Business English, Big Talk, Bodytalk, Business Idioms, Capitals, Clichés, Conversation, Denglisch and the list goes on... Click on the right list once you are on the site.

Guten Tag...
Sandra:)

[Edited at 2003-07-07 18:56]
Collapse

Johanna Timm, PhD
Johanna Timm, PhD  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 20:48
English to German
+ ...
Thanks, danke Jul 6, 2003

This is indeed an excellent find - thanks so much for sharing it with us!
Greetings from Canada

Сергей Лузан
Сергей Лузан
Russian Federation
Local time: 06:48
German to Russian
+ ...
Danke, merci beaucoup, obrigado, gracias & thanx, CHENOUMI from Moscow! Jul 7, 2003

CHENOUMI wrote:

Hallo...Alle!

Guten Tag...

[Edited at 2003-07-05 21:52]

Thanx for such an interesting link. Read it with pleasure & interest. Just *T*ag is written starting with a capital letter, but that's not so important.
Good luck & best wishes of success in your research!
Sergej, Sergej, Sergio etc.

CHENOUMI (X)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Aïe..... Jul 7, 2003

...Sergej...It's painful to me to see how I have brought *T* to such a low standard...:( So painful that I'm generally too careful not to make the least error... Aïe !! (Correction made!)

*T*ag is written starting with a capital letter, but that's not so important.

Yes, it is *important* to observe the proper rules of every language! Sorry for forgetting this basic rule.

I have studied German. Ich habe Deutsch gelernt...
I was a first-ranked student all along until I had to discontinue my studies for my very first job at the Embassy of Venezuela in Port-au-Prince.
The excitement of having been hired for a very exclusive job prevailed over my enthusiasm of learning my third foreign language. God only knows how excited, devoted and studious I was...

What a pity!
My German teacher begged me not to quit, telling me: "Sandra, you're so gifted...Please do NOT waste your potential..." She did everything to persuade me and gave me a whole lecture about not squandering the progress I had made in learning and speaking the language of Goethe.
...aber Ich habe alles vergessen!!

P.S. I forgot: should the *I* be capitalized in "ich"?

[Edited at 2003-07-07 20:00]

CHENOUMI (X)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The pleasure was all mine! Jul 7, 2003

To Johanna and Sergey:

I like sharing good things and always hope that my delight for such things is also shared and appreciated...

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Das ist wunderbar! (Nützliche Sprachhinweise für Englisch)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »