German legal dictionary online?
Thread poster: davidgreen

davidgreen
German to English
Feb 27, 2004

I'm in the middle of a big German into English legal translation and I can't seem to find anything in past forum entries. Does anyone know of an online German into English Rechtswoerterbuch / legal dictionary (in this case specifically family law but any good legal dictionary will help). Grateful for any tips. Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:52
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Frank Dietz Feb 27, 2004

David Green wrote:
Does anyone know of an online German into English Rechtswoerterbuch / legal dictionary (in this case specifically family law but any good legal dictionary will help).

David,

Frank Dietz's site is always a good place to start. Better bookmark this in your pc. I've found a lot of goodies in this compilation of "more than 2200 glossaries".

Gutes Schaffen,
Marcus
Marcus

davidgreen
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
thanks I forgot about that one! Feb 27, 2004

Marcus Malabad wrote:

David Green wrote:
Does anyone know of an online German into English Rechtswoerterbuch / legal dictionary (in this case specifically family law but any good legal dictionary will help).

David,

Frank Dietz's site is always a good place to start. Better bookmark this in your pc. I've found a lot of goodies in this compilation of "more than 2200 glossaries".

Gutes Schaffen,
Marcus
Marcus

Joanna Mimmack  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:52
German to English
Peter Spitz Bookmarks Feb 28, 2004

The above is similar to Frank Dietz, though perhaps not quite so extensive:

http://home8.inet.tele.dk/p-spitz/Bookmarks/Bookmarks3.html#Legal

and for a glossary of English legal terms:

http://www.lai.com/glsubj.html

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

German legal dictionary online?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums