Converting DM to dollars - at average exchange rate for 1991
Thread poster: Rebecca Holmes

Rebecca Holmes
United States
Local time: 20:47
German to English
Mar 1, 2004

Hi Prozies,
I need to convert DM 107,000 into dollars - at the average exchange rate for 1991.
Does anyone know where I can obtain information on average exchange rates for that year?
Thanks,
Rebecca

Direct link Reply with quote

Steven Sidore  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:47
Member (2003)
German to English
Didn't test it, but this should work Mar 1, 2004

Try here.

http://www.oanda.com/convert/fxhistory

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
It works! Mar 1, 2004

Great site.
The average rate is indicated at 1.66052 - DEM 107,000 thus translates into USD 64,437.65.

Ralf

Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Useful FX page for historical rates - http://www.oanda.com/convert/fxhistory Mar 1, 2004

Rebecca Holmes-Löffler wrote:

Hi Prozies,
I need to convert DM 107,000 into dollars - at the average exchange rate for 1991.
Does anyone know where I can obtain information on average exchange rates for that year?
Thanks,
Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

You can convert the amount @ http://www.oanda.com/convert/fxhistory, searching for the historical DEM-USD exchange rate for the whole year of 1991 (enter starting date 1 Jan 1991, closing date 31 Dec 1991). This will give you a table listing exchange rates for the individual days of the year, as well as an average (DEM1.00=USDX.XX). You can then proceed to calculating your specific amount.

Best,
Steffen

Rebecca Holmes
United States
Local time: 20:47
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Mar 1, 2004

Thank you! Great sites!
Golfers everywhere will be delighted when they learn their clubs were a real steal as compared to the world's most expensive club, bought at auction in 1991 for $64,437 or DM 107,000!!!

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Converting DM to dollars - at average exchange rate for 1991

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs