Thread poster: Eva Traub

Eva Traub  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:40
Member (2003)
French to German
+ ...
May 8, 2004

Ich werde an einem Großprojekt teilnehmen, das mit dem IBM Translation Manager zu bearbeiten ist. In den mir gelieferten Dateien finde ich keine Anwendungsbeschreibung. Wer kann mir sagen, wo ich eine solche finden kann bzw. mir eine schicken oder mir das Wichtigste erklären (ich rufe auch gerne an - innerhalb von Deutschland).

Direct link Reply with quote

Ken Cox  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
ask the client? May 9, 2004

Have you tried asking the client?

I believe that IBM Translation Manager is no longer commercially available (see e.g. 'LinguaNet uses TranslationManager as a stable system with outstandingly effective functions for professional translators working as a team. The system was taken off the market by IBM in April 2002.' in: www.linguanet.de/ Files/WhitePapers/en/LinguaNetDeutschlandGmbH_WhitePapers_TechnicalDocumentation_en.pdf), and in any case my impression is that it was not widely used outside of (large) agencies and in-house translation departments (it was relatively expensive).

Also, a bit of googling indicates that several CAT tools advertise themselves as being 'compatible with IBM Translation Manager', so you might be able to process the files with such a tool.

[Edited at 2004-05-09 14:31]

Eva Traub  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
IBM Translation Manager May 9, 2004

Kenneth Cox wrote:

Have you tried asking the client?

I believe that IBM Translation Manager is no longer commercially available (see e.g. 'LinguaNet uses TranslationManager as a stable system with outstandingly effective functions for professional translators working as a team. The system was taken off the market by IBM in April 2002.' in: www.linguanet.de/ Files/WhitePapers/en/LinguaNetDeutschlandGmbH_WhitePapers_TechnicalDocumentation_en.pdf), and in any case my impression is that it was not widely used outside of (large) agencies and in-house translation departments (it was relatively expensive).

Also, a bit of googling indicates that several CAT tools advertise themselves as being 'compatible with IBM Translation Manager', so you might be able to process the files with such a tool.

[Edited at 2004-05-09 14:31]

Yes of course I will ask the client. But I was hoping to get some help during this week-end for being able to make some "training". Thank you however for the reply.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

IBM Translation Manager

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs