Mobile menu

I need help searching for a person in Germany
Thread poster: Tatiana Neroni
Tatiana Neroni
English to Russian
+ ...
Apr 18, 2002

Dear colleagues!

I\'m a translator in the pair English-Russian (Russian-English), I don\'t know how to conduct a search in German (and in Germany), and I really need help finding a person there (my father, we lost contact some time ago).

His name is Oleg Liamin (Ljamin - I don\'t know which transliteration he uses, Russian last name is Ëÿìèí), he\'s an attorney, he lives in the town of GERA in Germany.

I need something, anything to contact him - phone #, e-mail address, mailing address.

If anybody can help me with that or give me some links (people search in Gera) which I could use to find out his whereabouts, I\'ll APPRECIATE IT A LOT!!

Thanks!

Tatiana Neroni

USA

Direct link Reply with quote

Heather Ferlicchia  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 17:16
German to English
Deutsche Telekom Apr 18, 2002

Hi Tatiana,

One starting point might be the various German telephone books, all of which can be accessed online at www.teleauskunft.de

Hope that helps!

Heather

Zsuzsika
Local time: 15:16
German to English
+ ...
Apr 18, 2002

I have searched the phone book for all of Germany (www.telekom.de) and the Yellow Pages (www.gelbeseiten.de) for Gera but could not find anyone with that name (either spelling, plus I checked for \"Lyamin\"). He either does not work as an attorney in Gera, or he is not listed (unless as \"partner\" under someone else\'s name). I also tried some German and international peoplesearch machines but could not find anything.

Good luck!

Ursula Peter-Czichi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:16
German to English
+ ...
Ask in English! Apr 18, 2002

Hi Tatiana,

All vital statistics are kept in 4 languages: German, English, French and Spanish. Under new EU regulations it could be more languages. Larger cities do have translators who work for them on a regular basis. English is mandatory in German schools.

Simply send a letter to

Einwohnermeldeamt

Stadtverwaltung Gera

07545 Gera

Germany

HTH, Good luck with your search!

If they send you any forms (you know how things sometimes do not work the way they should) feel free to contact me.

PS:

I found some more addresses for Gera on this site:

http://www.meinestadt.de/gera?static=rat_templ.html

address to write to (try it in English), ask for residents in Gera and Gera county:

Einwohnermeldeamt

Stadt Gera

Kornmarkt 12

07545 Gera

Tel: (0365) 838-0

Fax: (0365) 8381107

Homepage: http://www.gera.de

E-Mail: info@gera.de

PPS: One more suggestion: The German Red Cross has a subchapter to help with searches such as yours. This subchapter is in service since WW2 for so many who had to find a new home all over Europe.

You will get the information, I am sure.

One last edition:

Tel: (0365) 838-0 = 011 49 365 8380

Fax: (0365) 8381107 = 011 49 365 8381107

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-04-18 06:03 ]

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-04-18 06:19 ]

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-04-18 06:24 ]

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-04-18 06:32 ]

Carsten Behrend  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:16
English to German
+ ...
Only an addition Apr 18, 2002

Just for your information:

Ljamin/Liamin is not assigned for Gera in Germany\'s telephone register both CD-ROM-based and at www.telefonbuch.de

So this would block the way to access public directories.

Carsten

Joeri Van Liefferinge  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 23:16
English to Dutch
+ ...
Maybe this site can help Apr 18, 2002

I found a reference to Oleg Lyamin, an attorney living in Gera, in this article: www.lib.ndsu.nodak.edu/grhc/media/newspapers/news/old_news/schmalz.html.

Maybe you can find him through the author of this article?

Good luck!

Joeri

Tatiana Neroni
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THANK YOU! Apr 18, 2002

Dear Colleagues!

You don\'t know how much you did for me.

THANK YOU!

Tatiana Neroni

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

I need help searching for a person in Germany

Advanced search

TransPDF.com PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Quiick
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs