Umsatzsteuergesetz (UStG) in englischer Sprache?
Thread poster: Christian
Christian
Christian
Local time: 02:01
English to German
+ ...
Dec 21, 2004

Hallo,

ich bin auf der Suche nach einer englischen Ausgabe des UStG für eine Übersetzung. Gibt es so etwas (möglichst als Download im Internet)? Für eure Hilfe bedanke ich mich recht herzlich im Voraus.

Liebe Grüße
Christian

Ken Cox
Ken Cox  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
try this site Dec 21, 2004

Not sure if this has exactly what you're looking for, but worth a look anyhow:

http://www.llrx.com/features/german.htm

[Edited at 2004-12-21 17:10]

Christian
Christian
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Definitely worth a look, but not quite the thing I'm looking for Dec 21, 2004

Kenneth Cox wrote:

Not sure if this has exactly what you're looking for, but worth a look anyhow:

http://www.llrx.com/features/german.htm

[Edited at 2004-12-21 17:10]

Thanks for the link, Kenneth. It's an interesting website, there's no doubt about it, but what I'm really looking for is a translation of the German VAT Act (Umsatzsteuergesetz). I did find the German edition on the Internet, but I'm still looking for an English translation of it. Anybody out there who can help me out? TIA.

Christian
Christian
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hintergrundinformationen Dec 21, 2004

In dem vom Deutschen ins Englische zu übersetzenden Text geht es die Angaben, die in einer Rechnung gemäß § 14 UStG in Verbindung mit § 33 UStDV (Umsatzsteuer-Durchführungsverordnung) enthalten sein müssen. Kann mir hier jemand weiterhelfen?

Christian

RobinB
RobinB  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:01
German to English
No online translation Dec 22, 2004

Christian wrote:

In dem vom Deutschen ins Englische zu übersetzenden Text geht es die Angaben, die in einer Rechnung gemäß § 14 UStG in Verbindung mit § 33 UStDV (Umsatzsteuer-Durchführungsverordnung) enthalten sein müssen. Kann mir hier jemand weiterhelfen?

Christian,

AFAIK there is no online translation of the UStG. There's an old print translation, but it's pretty rubbish. However, I think you'll find that the requirements set out in s. 14 of the UStG mirror to a certain extent the requirements of the EU VAT Directive, so my suggestion would be to check out the German and English versions of the Directive via EurLex.

http://europa.eu.int/eur-lex/lex/en/index.htm

will take you to the English EurLex site, just click the relevant language button for the German site.

And s. 33 of the UStDV is pretty compact in any case, dealing merely with the regulations for amounts under EUR 100, so I don't really think this will present much of a challenge to you.

HTH,
Robin

Christian
Christian
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Council Directive 2001/115/EC Dec 22, 2004

Robin,

Thank you very much for your help. I find the above-mentioned Council Directive, which is available in both English and German, very useful. It can be found here: europa.eu.int/eur-lex/pri/en/oj/dat/2002/l_015/l_01520020117en00240028.pdf

I wish you and all the other proz.com members a merry Christmas and all the b
... See more
Robin,

Thank you very much for your help. I find the above-mentioned Council Directive, which is available in both English and German, very useful. It can be found here: europa.eu.int/eur-lex/pri/en/oj/dat/2002/l_015/l_01520020117en00240028.pdf

I wish you and all the other proz.com members a merry Christmas and all the best for the coming year.

Best wishes,
Christian
Collapse

Vahldiek
Vahldiek
Germany
deutsch/englische Ausgabe des Umsatzsteuergesetzes Jul 23, 2014

Hi,

laaange nach der ersten Anfrage in diesem Thread: eine vollständige (allerdings nicht kostenlose) englische Übersetzung des Umsatzsteuergesetzes, sowie eine (kostenlose) deutsch/englische Einführung in das Gesetz gibt es inzwischen hier:

http://plattform-compliance.de/blogPC/umsatzsteuergesetz-ustg-auf-englisch-2/

... See more
Hi,

laaange nach der ersten Anfrage in diesem Thread: eine vollständige (allerdings nicht kostenlose) englische Übersetzung des Umsatzsteuergesetzes, sowie eine (kostenlose) deutsch/englische Einführung in das Gesetz gibt es inzwischen hier:

http://plattform-compliance.de/blogPC/umsatzsteuergesetz-ustg-auf-englisch-2/

Viele Grüße, Wolfgang
Collapse

Christian
Christian
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Noch immer keine englische Online-Version des UStG Jul 23, 2014

Wow! Eine weitere Antwort nach zehn Jahren! Das Thema hat sich inzwischen erledigt. Trotzdem vielen Dank für die Hilfe, Wolfgang.

Auch nach so langer Zeit gibt es meines Wissens noch keine Online-Ausgabe des UStG. Vielleicht sollte sich der Sprachendienst des BMF mal darum kümmern, der immerhin die AO inzwischen als übersetzte Online-Version zur Verfügung gestellt hat. Bleibt zu hoffen, dass wir nicht weitere zehn Jahre auf eine Online-Version des UStG warten müssen.

... See more
Wow! Eine weitere Antwort nach zehn Jahren! Das Thema hat sich inzwischen erledigt. Trotzdem vielen Dank für die Hilfe, Wolfgang.

Auch nach so langer Zeit gibt es meines Wissens noch keine Online-Ausgabe des UStG. Vielleicht sollte sich der Sprachendienst des BMF mal darum kümmern, der immerhin die AO inzwischen als übersetzte Online-Version zur Verfügung gestellt hat. Bleibt zu hoffen, dass wir nicht weitere zehn Jahre auf eine Online-Version des UStG warten müssen.

Gruß
Christian
Collapse

sdvplatt
sdvplatt
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:01
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
try this Oct 6, 2018

Christian wrote:

Gruß
Christian

http://plattform-compliance.com/produkt/rittler-dr-thomas-umsatzsteuergesetz-ustg-value-added-tax-act

Christian

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Umsatzsteuergesetz (UStG) in englischer Sprache?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »