Language Schools in Berlin
Thread poster: Richard Creech

Richard Creech  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:50
French to English
+ ...
May 5, 2005

I would like to improve my German by studying in Berlin this summer. Can anyone recommend good language schools; I know there are several and it's a bit overwhelming.

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalia Elo  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:50
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Berlin Language Schools May 6, 2005

Richard Creech wrote:

I would like to improve my German by studying in Berlin this summer. Can anyone recommend good language schools; I know there are several and it's a bit overwhelming.

Hi Richard,

My niece studied last summer in this school http://www.dieneueschule.de/

I liked the concept: the start to talk in the language in question from the very first day. She was a total beginner, but she was able to have a small conversation after four weeks.

Morning classes might be crowded as eveybody wants to get something from Berlin itself in the afternoon. Make sure you book in advance.

It's in the west part of the city.

Another school with a very good reputation is Hartnack Schule.
http://www.hartnackschule-berlin.de/

Our Armenian baby-sitter studied ther before she went to Freie Universität. She was already somewhere at the Mittelstufe.

The school is at Nollendorfplatz, pretty much in the city center.

Then of course there is German summer course at th Humboldt-Universität. I don't have any personal experience.

Good luck
Natalia from Berlin

[Edited at 2005-05-06 11:52]

Natalia Elo  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:50
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
More on Berlin May 7, 2005

Richard,

I forgot to say that if you don't know any colleague in Berlin (I think there are few ProZians in Berlin) and need some information related to whatever don't hesitate to contact me. I'll do my best. Berlin is an unique city, I'm sure you'll have nice time here. I'll be in the city till end of June, then we move to Munich.

Natalia

[Edited at 2005-05-07 09:42]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Language Schools in Berlin

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs