Natalia Elo  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:02
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Jun 22, 2005

Dear all,

I apologise for posting the questions in English.

I'm moving next week from Berlin to Munich. I guess I should inform Finanzamt of the address change. Will I get another tax number?

I was there yesterday, but I wasn't able to find the person assigned to me. They are also moving, everything is confused and for some other personal reasons it is easier for me right now just to ask here.

Is it enough just to send them a letter informing that I've moved? Hope so.

Thank you in advance
Natalia

Direct link Reply with quote

RobinB  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
Written notification is enough Jun 22, 2005

Natalia,

All you have to do is write to the FA that will handle your tax matters (there are probably several in Munich, but unless you can quickly identify which one will deal with you, writing to any of them will do). They'll then send you a form to fill out and yes, you'll get a new tax number.

"I was there yesterday, but I wasn't able to find the person assigned to me."

A very brave move indeed. Visiting the FA in person is normally something you do as a last resort

Robin

Aleksandra Kwasnik  Identity Verified
Polish to German
+ ...
München I Jun 22, 2005

See also: http://www.finanzamt-muenchen.de/

Should be "München I", as it is responsible for the letters A-E.
http://www.fasby.bayern.de/Muenchen-I/

They are available until 16 P.M. today

A.

xxxMarc P  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Moving to another federal state Jun 22, 2005

RobinB wrote:

A very brave move indeed. Visiting the FA in person is normally something you do as a last resort

Robin

The last resort is when they visit you. As they did me, the day before yesterday.

Marc

Germany
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you:) Jun 22, 2005

Thank you, Robin.

What a relief.

RobinB wrote:

Robin

Well, you see, my German is still very limited, and civil servants in Eastern Berlin rarely speak English and have forgotten Russian.
Somehow I feel more confident in person than on the phone. Usually I ask somebody to come with me to back me up, but I didn't have anyone this time. I thought that after all they are people as myself.

Anyway, it's good news.

Natalia

Jalapeno
English to German
Munich Jun 22, 2005

Just a few tips on the FAs in Munich:

http://www.finanzamt-muenchen.de/

Is the official website of Munich's FAs.

There are five FAs in Munich, each of them responsible for part of the alphabet. If your last name is Elo, Finanzamt München I will be responsible for you.

http://www.fasby.bayern.de/Muenchen-I/

However, if you ever feel like visiting your Finanzamt in Munich, you will have to go to the Servicecenter:

http://www.fasby.bayern.de/muenchen-IV/default.asp?url=service/servicezentrum.htm&l1=6&l2=0

All the best in Munich, it's a lovely city (I was born and raised here and in fact still live here).

Germany
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great! Jun 22, 2005

Dear Jalapeno and Aleksandra (I presume that is your name),

Thank you both. Even more than I expected.

Yes, my surname is Elo, easy to remember.

Jalapeno wrote:

All the best in Munich, it's a lovely city (I was born and raised here and in fact still live here).

Jalapeno, I see you have graduated from SDI München, the institution I'm very much interested in, especially in terms of studying properly German in purpose to add it to my working languages later on. We should perhaps meet to talk about it, if it's fine with you.

I liked Munich too, though was terrified by the prices of appartment rent as compared to Berlin:o.

Cheers
Natalia

Jalapeno
English to German
Rent in Munich... Jun 22, 2005

Natalia Elo wrote:

I liked Munich too, though was terrified by the prices of appartment rent as compared to Berlin:o.

Oh so very true, the rent in Munich (especially compared to Berlin) is horrendous.

As regards meeting up, I'll be in London for the next few weeks. Sorry.

I also don't know too much about the German courses SDI offers, but I'm sure Monica Stefanovics will be happy to reply to any of your queries. She's head of the department "German as a foreign language" and her address is stefanovics at sdi-muenchen punkt de

All the best!

[Edit]Sure thing, Ralf. [/Edit]

[Edited at 2005-06-23 12:16]

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
German forum, folks... Jun 22, 2005

Dear all,
Let's please remember that postings in this forum should, generally, be in German. No problem with Natalia's original posting, of course, but would you mind moving the discussion about general Munich-related issues (and SDI in particular) to another forum?

May I also remind you that ProZ.com forums (like all other public discussion areas) are crawled - hence, we prefer not to quote 'live' e-mail addresses in a 'crawlable' way. Jalapeno, could you perhaps edit your post (you could show the address as name at domain dot de).

Thanks for your understanding!
Best, Ralf

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Moving to another federal state

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs