NataliaElo  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:56
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 8, 2005

Dear all,

First of all my apologies that I post again in English, but as it is Germany specific topic, I ask it here. Ralph, please don't remove it.

Some time ago I asked about Impressum on my personal webpage and got the answer, that yes, I should definitely have the impressum part.

Now, however I want to recheck it. So my question is: Do I still have to put impressum part on my webpage, if I registered the website via ProZ and it is not blablabla.DE, it's blablabla.COM?

Thanks in advance

Natalia

Direct link Reply with quote

tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Basically, yes Oct 8, 2005

If you are seeking to do business in Germany, then yes, you must have an "Impressum". Where your site is hosted does not make any difference. Of course, I'm no lawyer, so I'm not even allowed to give legal advice, but that's the gist of it. And better safe than sorry, right?

HTH,
Benjamin

Aniello Scognamiglio  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Kurz und knackig: you MUST !!! Oct 9, 2005

You MUST have an Impressum !

Kind regards,
Aniello

Germany
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Danke schön:) Oct 9, 2005

Thank you both.

Natalia

Germany
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
One more question Jan 30, 2007

Dear all,

Sorry for bringing up my old thread, I didn't want to open a new one as it is sort of related to the topic.

From the beginning of this year I registered for VAT return. I guess I should state the VAT ID at the impressum page. My question is whether I should state both MwST AND old Steuernummer or just one of them? If just one them, which one?

Thank you in advance

Natalia

Ruta Peter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2004)
German to Lithuanian
+ ...
EU-VAT-ID is sufficient Feb 9, 2007

NataliaElo wrote:

Dear all,

From the beginning of this year I registered for VAT return.

I´m shure, this was a good decision!

I guess I should state the VAT ID at the impressum page. My question is whether I should state both MwST AND old Steuernummer or just one of them?

You can choose: EU-VAT-IDNr. or local VATNr.

If just one them, which one?

According the law it´s not important, but I would recommend the EU-VAT-IDNr.
- it´s useful also for foreign visitors
- at the beginning of the German law, which said, that you must publish your VAT Nr. in several places, a lot of people contradicted, because it was common by the tax office to identify people at the telefon by there VAT-ID. So they worried about people, who could masquerade themselve in that way and find out secrets of your business.
Although I mean, that the fiscals are now sensitized to this matter, it´s said to be better to use the EU-VAT-ID.

Joachim

Germany
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I don't have EU VAT ID Feb 9, 2007

Dear Joachim,

I'm sorry, but my question concern completely different matter.

Best regards
Natalia

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Impressum again

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs