Thread poster: Csaba Ban

Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 17:18
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Oct 8, 2002

Does any one of you know about using PayPal in Germany?

I am a Hungarian citizen and resident and I would like to open a PayPal account. As I can see on their website, Germany is the closest country where I can open a PayPal account AND transfer funds from my PayPal account to a local bank account.

My question: as a non-resident in Germany, am I allowed to open a bank account there? (only with my passport). Does this German bank account make me eligible for a PayPal account there?

I do not have an address in Germany, but perhaps I can ask a friend to allow me register on his address (the best solution would be, of course, if no permanent address would be required).

Any ideas?

thank you

Direct link Reply with quote

Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
You can open an account w/o being resident Oct 8, 2002

As far as I know, you can open a German bank account without being a resident there, or that\'s what I\'ve been told by a German bank a few months ago.

So you don\'t need to register in Germany, which you wouldn\'t be able to do anyway, since you need a valid residence permit for registering.

As to PayPal, I\'m quite confident that they are indifferent to your country of residence, so that you should be able to combine a German account with a Hungarian address. To be sure, you would have to ask Paypal support, unless someone here has first-hand experience in the matter.

Ivan Frankovics  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Austria is etter solution Oct 13, 2002

Amint latom Ausztriaban is elerheto a szolgaltatas es kozelebb van, mint Nemeto.

Jol latom, hogy a szolgaltatas lenyege, hogy nyitok egy PayPal szamlat amin fogadhatok atutalasokat? Ezutan errol a szamlarol egy bankszamlara utalom a penzt, amit valahgy felmarkolok?

Milyen koltsegei vannek ennek? A PayPal szla gondolom ingyenes. A bankszamlara valo atutalas?

Ivan

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

PayPal account in Germany

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs