Mobile menu

Wo finde ich ein vern├╝nftiges SAP Glossar?
Thread poster: Dorothee Racette

Dorothee Racette  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:14
German to English
+ ...
Oct 28, 2002

Wer kann mir einen Link zu einem vern├╝nftigen deutsch-englischen SAP Glossar geben? Ich suche schon seit Stunden im Internet herum und kann einfach nichts v├Âllig Brauchbares finden. Ich brauche Ausdr├╝cke wie \"Pflichtenheft\" etc.

Herzlichen Dank im Voraus f├╝r eure Hilfe!

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-10-28 17:53 ]

Direct link Reply with quote

Local time: 01:14
German to French Oct 28, 2002

4ter Treffer in Caloga mit folg. Eingabe: SAP+german+english+gloss*

wie suchst du?

Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:14
German to English
A SAP trick Oct 28, 2002

Hi Dorothee,

As far as I know, there is no decent online glossary. But try this trick:

In Google, type your

Sometimes you then have to retype the query by reentering your term at the head of the query.

This will take you to the German SAP site. Find the term and remember where it\'s located. Go to the URL and delete \"de\" and enter \"en\". That will take you to the English page. Hope this helps.

Using the above method, I got functional specifications for Pflichtenheft.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-10-28 18:36 ]

Uwe Schwenk
Local time: 13:14
English to German
SAP Glossar Oct 28, 2002

Das folgende link hat die Definitionen, allerdings nur in Englisch.

Jan Neersoe  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:14
Member (2004)
English to German
Auf CD... Oct 28, 2002

Wenn man ├Âfter mit der Materie arbeitet, lohnt sich auch SAPterm, die offizielle Terminologiedatenbank von SAP. Ist f├╝r 99 Euro ├╝ber die SAP-Website erh├Ąltlich und zwar auch nicht optimal (ein komplettes Glossar von UI-Elementen, wie es z. B. MS bereitstellt, fehlt v├Âllig, und der Ausdruck, den man gerade braucht, ist wahrscheinlich nur in Finnisch oder Tschechisch enthalten [Ausnahme: man br├Ąuchte gerade genau die finnische oder tschechische ├ťbersetzung]), aber f├╝r die grundlegende Terminologierecherche irgendwann schneller und bequemer als die Website (die allerdings nat├╝rlich noch ganz andere Vorteile hat).

Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Quellenkomplettierung Oct 28, 2002

Hallo Dorothee,

Uwe hatte ja schon das englische Glossar unter erw├Ąhnt:

Das deutsche Gegenst├╝ck findet sich unter:

├ťber vergleichende Suche (mit 2 parallel ge├Âffneten Fenstern) kann man damit eine ganze Menge herausfinden.

Noch ein Tip: SAP-W├Ârterbuch Deutsch->Englisch unter:

Aus irgendeinem Grund funktioniert hier der Link \"SAP-W├Ârterbuch\" nicht, man kann aber immer noch direkt die einzelnen Buchstaben des Verzeichnisses anklicken.

Hoffe, Dir geholfen zu haben

German to English
+ ...
SAP glossary workaround (from FLEFO) Oct 28, 2002

This was posted on Compuserve\'s FLEFO Forum (still in operation and now accessible free of charge via the Net) a few years ago:

>> SAP\'s help website contains SAP glossaries in German and English, and I have discovered a trick for quickly finding the equivalent of a term in the other language.

The main website address is:

For this example, we want to know the English equivalent of \"Meldebestand\".

Go to the most recent release for the language pair concerned. For the German glossary, click German under Release [4.6C]. This opens another window; click Glossar

Choose the initial letter of the term you\'re looking for, e.g. for \"Meldebestand\", click M. Find the term you\'re looking for, then **right-click the entry** to open the pop-up menu and choose \"Open in new window\" (or equivalent in your browser and language version).

This opens a new window with the glossary entry. To display the English equivalent, place the cursor in the Address box above the HTML page, which should start with a string such as .....

Use the mouse to place the cursor in this address bar, and replace /de/ with /en/, then press Return.

This displays the English equivalent of the term (\"reorder point\").

Logically, this works just the same way English-German, except you start by clicking English under Release 4.6C.

Of course it would be much easier if SAP simply provided a link to the English equivalent, but until they do, at least we have a workaround.

Note that the glossary still *doesn\'t* contain some of the most frequently encountered terms, e.g.

SAP-Systemhaus = SAP VAR

RobinB  Identity Verified
German to English
Glossary workaround still works! Oct 29, 2002

Hi Tony,

It must be a good three years since I posted that workaround, and it still works. Incidentally, it also works for SAP helps on the website.

Dorothee: If you want a quick tutorial on how it all works, I\'ll show you in Atlanta.

German to English
+ ...
I was pretty sure it was you who posted it on Flefo ... Oct 29, 2002

... but I didn\'t want to chuck your name around without permission.

Atlanta, eh? Fair enough. I\'ll just stay here in my crappy little village ...

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Wo finde ich ein vern├╝nftiges SAP Glossar?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs