https://www.proz.com/forum/getting_established/10181-tesol_tefl_certificates%3A_can_anyone_recommend.html

TESOL &TEFL Certificates: can anyone recommend...
Thread poster: ANAYANSI KONRAD
ANAYANSI KONRAD
ANAYANSI KONRAD  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 11, 2003

...a good on-line/distance learning program or other alterantives? I live in Panama City Panama now and I\'d love to get this degree to further my Language education adn Translator\'s skills.

Sara Freitas
Sara Freitas
France
Local time: 13:17
French to English
The British Council Apr 13, 2003

Is there a British Council in your city?

I am an experienced ESL/TEFL teacher and I did some work at the British council in Turkey a few years ago. I gave some workshops and also took courses in training future TEFL teachers and in teaching TEFL to young learners. The courses I took were great. They have excellent programs to train local teachers in the skills of TEFL, and they often host traveling lecturers who are well-known in the field.

Check:
... See more
Is there a British Council in your city?

I am an experienced ESL/TEFL teacher and I did some work at the British council in Turkey a few years ago. I gave some workshops and also took courses in training future TEFL teachers and in teaching TEFL to young learners. The courses I took were great. They have excellent programs to train local teachers in the skills of TEFL, and they often host traveling lecturers who are well-known in the field.

Check:

http://www.britishcouncil.org/

HTH

Regards,

Sara
Collapse

ANAYANSI KONRAD
ANAYANSI KONRAD  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Gracias por vuestros comentarios! Apr 14, 2003

Thank you Sarah for suggesting I contact the British council, it\'s definitely the best shot but I don\'t think there\'s a branch here in Panama City. I\'ll call the embassy today all the same and find out if they organize any TEFL courses.

Thank you Teyfun for your suggested web sites, I\'ll check them out!

Promise to get back to you with useful info once I get it!

Regards,

Anayansi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TESOL &TEFL Certificates: can anyone recommend...

Translation news

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »