Thread poster: Jessie Linardi

Jessie Linardi  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:55
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 10, 2008

Hi there,

I'm unsure if this is allowed here, but I'll give it a whirl anyway...

I'm going to start applying for some freelance work soon. I was wondering if there was any kind soul out there (native Spanish speaker) who would be willing to check the Spanish version of my CV for me?

The layout and content are based on a template that I found on a Spanish university website, but I'm not sure if it's really applicable for a translation job. I would also like it to be free of linguistic errors, although I'm hoping that there aren't many! I will state rate information in the cover letter, although who knows how long it will take me to write that... (or should I also state it in the CV?)

Also, I'm not quite sure what the proper term is for "language pair" in Spanish or how to phrase it, or if I should refer to the language as "castellano" or "español".

Please send me a message if you can!

Muchas gracias

[Edited at 2008-04-10 21:17]

Direct link Reply with quote

Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:55
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hi miralaluna Apr 11, 2008

I can proofread it for you if you want.
There´s a link for sending files in my profile. I can have a look at it tomorrow.
And don´t include your rates in your CV, it´s better to include them in your cover letter, which I`ll gladly proofread too.

Noni Gilbert
Local time: 08:55
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Isn't Marina generous with her time and knowhow- like so many Prozians! Apr 11, 2008

Just to add that you could also have posted in the Exchange under requests.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proofread Spanish CV?

Advanced search

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs