https://www.proz.com/forum/getting_established/104345-new_translator_looking_for_in_house_position_in_germany.html

New translator looking for in-house position in Germany
Thread poster: Kathryn1980
Kathryn1980
Kathryn1980
Local time: 13:12
German to English
+ ...
May 12, 2008

Dear members,

I am a final year translation student and hope to be graduating with a first in one month. I would like to find an in-house translation position in Germany. Would anyone have any pointers in terms of what companies would be interested in hiring a soon to be graduate? I'm interested in everything and would jump at the chance to work in-house in Germany. (I also have Spanish as a second source language.
THank you all so much for your help,
Kathryn

[S
... See more
Dear members,

I am a final year translation student and hope to be graduating with a first in one month. I would like to find an in-house translation position in Germany. Would anyone have any pointers in terms of what companies would be interested in hiring a soon to be graduate? I'm interested in everything and would jump at the chance to work in-house in Germany. (I also have Spanish as a second source language.
Kathryn

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-05-12 08:34]
Collapse

mattsmith
mattsmith
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:12
German to English
+ ...
In house posts May 12, 2008

A few companies I know of / have dealt with and that sometimes employ recent graduates on an in-house basis in Germany:

www.wohanka.de (Bavaria + UK)

SDL (Stuttgart + Munich + UK)

RWS translations (UK + Berlin)

Euroscript (Berlin)

EVS (UK + Germany)

Wieners + Wieners (Ahrensburg, Germany)

Good luck!

Sonja Biermann
Sonja Biermann  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:12
English to German
+ ...
Some links May 12, 2008

Hello Kathryn1980

Here are some links you might find useful:

www.bdue.de (German Federal Association of Interpreters and Translators)
www.aticom.de (another translators' association)
They both post job vacancies on their websites.

Then you
... See more
Hello Kathryn1980

Here are some links you might find useful:

www.bdue.de (German Federal Association of Interpreters and Translators)
www.aticom.de (another translators' association)
They both post job vacancies on their websites.

Then you could search:

www.monster.de (of course)
www.rekruter.de (includes vacancies advertised by the Job Centre/Arbeitsamt)

If you do some research on those sites, you will get a good overview of current openings. Many companies are looking for British native speakers, so you should stand a good chance.

Good luck with your final exams (if they're still to come)!

Kind regards
Sonja

[Bearbeitet am 2008-05-12 09:56]
Collapse

Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Information shd be availabel in your university May 12, 2008

Kathryn1980 wrote:

Dear members,

Kathryn

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-05-12 08:34]

Your university/faculty must have information on former employers of translation graduates.

G'luck:-)

Anodien
Anodien
German to English
+ ...
in my company is a vacant position May 16, 2008

Hey Kathryn,

we have a vacant position at the moment. My department is currently looking for a second translator. So if you are interested, contact me and I can give you more information. I don't want to post these here.

R. RoumiƩ
R. RoumiĆ©  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Vacant position in my company May 19, 2008

Hello,
my job as a translator will be available by the end of May/beginning of June, in the South-West of Germany (in-house, full-time).
Please contact me for further information!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New translator looking for in-house position in Germany

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »