looking for translation course
Thread poster: zuraidah
zuraidah
zuraidah
Local time: 23:14
English to Malay
May 19, 2008

Hi, my name is Zuraidah from Singapore. At this moment I am doing my MA in Southeast Asian Studies and hopefully will be done by the end of the year. I have had done some translation jobs as a freelancer but felt that I should try to get a professional qualification for it if I were to pursue it seriously as I intend to after finishing my studies. I am hoping that by writing here that the community can help me/inform me of any translation courses that I could take up, preferably through online o... See more
Hi, my name is Zuraidah from Singapore. At this moment I am doing my MA in Southeast Asian Studies and hopefully will be done by the end of the year. I have had done some translation jobs as a freelancer but felt that I should try to get a professional qualification for it if I were to pursue it seriously as I intend to after finishing my studies. I am hoping that by writing here that the community can help me/inform me of any translation courses that I could take up, preferably through online or distance learning. My language pair is English-Malay. Thank you so much.Collapse

Fiona Stephenson
Fiona Stephenson
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:14
Member (2005)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Translation course by distance learning May 25, 2008

Zuraidah

As a former studient, I can recommend the MA in Translation Studies at Birmingham University as one of the best places to study translation in the UK. Also available by distance learning. Further information at:

http://www.cels.bham.ac.uk/prospectus/inhousema/ma_in_translation_studies.htm

Regards

Fi
... See more
Zuraidah

As a former studient, I can recommend the MA in Translation Studies at Birmingham University as one of the best places to study translation in the UK. Also available by distance learning. Further information at:

http://www.cels.bham.ac.uk/prospectus/inhousema/ma_in_translation_studies.htm

Regards

Fiona
Collapse

Carlopez
Carlopez
English to French
Translation courses May 26, 2008

There is a comprehensive listing of translation courses around the world at:
http://www.lexicool.com/courses.asp

MAGDALENA GLADKOWSKA
MAGDALENA GLADKOWSKA
United Kingdom
Polish to English
+ ...
I am looking for DPSI courses in government sector in scotland Jul 8, 2008

Hi
I have looked through the list of courses in UK, though I cannot find the thing I am looking for.
I found one course somewhere else, but maybe somebody knows where I could find Diploma In Public Service Interpreting Course in Local Government sector. Of course in the area of Scotland.

mattsmith
mattsmith
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Either SOAS or UCL Jul 10, 2008

Because of your quite exotic language combination either of these two institutions would probably be good bets or if you're interested in being a technical or scientific translator then Imperial College London.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

looking for translation course

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »