Mobile menu

General information about career in translation industry
Thread poster: Abloom
English to French
May 27, 2008

I currently can speak english and french (albeit not quite fluently.) I know some people in the translation industry and was looking into either eventually going to work for an LSP or doing freelance translation myself as it would give me the freedom that I would like with my life. What would be the overall qualifications needed to start getting freelance translation jobs or working properly with an LSP?Would this include any furthering education besides the command of the languages? I am aware of certain certifications you can get such as Trados and don't think I would have a problem with that aspect at all... more so what are clients and LSP's looking for in a potential candidate in this industry? If anybody could street me in the right direction I would be forever grateful.

thanks- Ariana

Direct link Reply with quote

Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:57
Italian to English
+ ...
Try searching the Proz forums May 28, 2008

You'll find dozens of threads with useful information, in this section especially.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

General information about career in translation industry

Advanced search

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs