Mobile menu

General information about career in translation industry
Thread poster: Abloom
Abloom
English to French
May 27, 2008

I currently can speak english and french (albeit not quite fluently.) I know some people in the translation industry and was looking into either eventually going to work for an LSP or doing freelance translation myself as it would give me the freedom that I would like with my life. What would be the overall qualifications needed to start getting freelance translation jobs or working properly with an LSP?Would this include any furthering education besides the command of the languages? I am aware of certain certifications you can get such as Trados and don't think I would have a problem with that aspect at all... more so what are clients and LSP's looking for in a potential candidate in this industry? If anybody could street me in the right direction I would be forever grateful.

thanks- Ariana

Direct link Reply with quote

Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:47
Italian to English
+ ...
Try searching the Proz forums May 28, 2008

You'll find dozens of threads with useful information, in this section especially.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

General information about career in translation industry

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs