Japanese>English Translation
Thread poster: Alison Woods
Alison Woods
Alison Woods

Local time: 21:55
Spanish to English
Aug 18, 2008

Could someone plese give me their opinion on the current state of Japanese>English translation in the U.S.? I am interested in whether or not there is an abundance of work, about how much do translators make per word or per year, and what I would need to do to become a proficient Japanese translator.Thank you.

Henry Hinds
Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
I dunno, but Aug 19, 2008

Obviously the first thing you would need to do to become a proficient Japanese translator is to become extremely fluent in Japanese.

It may be best for you to continue to work on Spanish, it takes a lifetime to become a decent translator there, trust me.

But if you find the secret to eternal life, please let me know (in this world, not any other).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Japanese>English Translation

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »